Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Old Aug 23rd 2015, 11:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Originally Posted by SaltirePM
Thanks for the good suggestions. They'd probably work in your area but, although I live in the largest city in Ks, it looks as though I'm going to have to plod from shop to shop until I find someone who can use the contraption.
Wichita? Well, someone has to live here.
Do it yourself. It's not that hard.

Take photo, stick it on epassportphoto.com to arrange the pic and then go print it where ever you go to print things such as Target, Walmart etc.

Much cheaper too.
Old Aug 24th 2015, 12:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Do it yourself. It's not that hard.

Take photo, stick it on epassportphoto.com to arrange the pic and then go print it where ever you go to print things such as Target, Walmart etc.

Much cheaper too.
Agreed , I have used this for all my family's passport photos over the past few years.
Old Aug 24th 2015, 1:43 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
Agreed , I have used this for all my family's passport photos over the past few years.
That looks like a great site! Thanks for posting.

My passport is about due to be replaced and I am not looking forward to getting a crappy no smile etc photo in it. I quite like my current smiley one! I might go to a photographers to see if they can make it look slightly better.......
Old Oct 10th 2015, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

SaltirePM is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally managed to get photos and sent everything off, registered post, on 24th September. Alas, all my documents have been lying somewhere in London for over a week. Any idea how long it takes to clear UK customs or border force or whoever? That's probably the same as asking, "how long is a piece of string."
Old Oct 10th 2015, 6:41 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure your package is still in London? I was told that the tracking for the US Postal system would only work until the first point of entry into the UK for Durham and not all the way to the signature at the offices.

Have you checked your status with the passport office to see if the stuff has arrived there?
Old Oct 11th 2015, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Yes, that was my understanding too, but I have since been told by a USPS person that it works all the way to Durham. There is an example on a site called royalmailchat where I discovered it is quite common to have delays of up to a month or more. Alas, I can find no way of sending an e-mail to the customs.

I check the passport office on a daily basis only to be told they are waiting to hear from me.
Old Oct 12th 2015, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that was my understanding too, but I have since been told by a USPS person that it works all the way to Durham. There is an example on a site called royalmailchat where I discovered it is quite common to have delays of up to a month or more. Alas, I can find no way of sending an e-mail to the customs.

I check the passport office on a daily basis only to be told they are waiting to hear from me.
Mine also go stuck in London according to USPS tracking, but I kept and eye on the passport office website and when my application was accepted, USPS said my package was still in London. I would check the passport office website using you application number.
I did not use registered post as I was told that sometimes holds things up.

Last edited by mrken30; Oct 12th 2015 at 3:43 pm. Reason: additional info
Old Oct 12th 2015, 5:58 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Are you sure your package is still in London? I was told that the tracking for the US Postal system would only work until the first point of entry into the UK for Durham and not all the way to the signature at the offices.

Have you checked your status with the passport office to see if the stuff has arrived there?
If you put your USPS tracking number into the Royal Mail system you should see where it is.
Old Oct 14th 2015, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

USPS say it has been delivered. Just waiting for Passport to acknowledge delivery.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...893714879US%2C

The wee man on the pedalo did well.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 6:44 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

USPS say it has been delivered. Just waiting for Passport to acknowledge delivery.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...893714879US%2C

The wee man on the pedalo did well.
Delivered yesterday morning at 0840 in Durham according to Royal Mail.

https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item
Old Oct 15th 2015, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

bruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura about

UK renewal for me after getting an extension for one year.
From the Bahamas. Started online Fri. Oct 9, Same day 9th DHL to Durham(different address because of extension) Arrived in Durham Oct. 13 . New passport dispatched with supporting Docs. in separate envelopes Oct 13. Everything arrived Freeport today Oct. 15. Very impressed!!!

Last edited by bruceba; Oct 15th 2015 at 11:48 pm.