Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Old Nov 4th 2011, 11:00 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Anyone in CA or NV RALEY'S have Weetabix on offer $3.50 24ct box.
I'd sooner eat the box it would be tastier
Old Nov 4th 2011, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

Karen68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really nice

I bought crumpets in Trader Joe's today. Am now very popular with eldest daughter (although she has yet to try them). I have also been able to make pretty good versions of Cornish pasties and sausage rolls using the frozen puff pastry. (the latter go down a treat with OH's work colleagues, although I have never worked out why the Americans don't seem to be aware of them - they are just meat and carbs, so should be a staple US food!)
Old Nov 4th 2011, 11:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karen68
I bought crumpets in Trader Joe's today. Am now very popular with eldest daughter (although she has yet to try them). I have also been able to make pretty good versions of Cornish pasties and sausage rolls using the frozen puff pastry. (the latter go down a treat with OH's work colleagues, although I have never worked out why the Americans don't seem to be aware of them - they are just meat and carbs, so should be a staple US food!)
I've got 2 packets in the cupboard. Going to have some for supper with grilled matured Cheddar cheese on top.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 12:01 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Just a few blocks from my house in New Jersey is an excellent (large) shop called 'The Wine Library'.

It also sells a good variety of 'gourmet food' items; eg. fig jams, honey, pates, olive oils, balsamic vinegar, artisan bread, dairy items etc. etc.

On Friday and Saturday afternoons they put out lots of samples of cheeses from the US and Europe...so it's a good time for me to go and buy some plonk and do some cheese tasting at the same time.

They often bring in some cheeses from the Neal's Yard Dairy in Covent Garden. Well I was in the 'Wine Library' a couple of hours ago and was thrilled to see that at the cheese counter they had some 'Berkswell Cheese' (from ewes-milk) which is a local artisan cheese from a farm just a few miles away from where I grew up. Naturally I couldn't resist buying half a pound of it - I'd never tasted it before - and it is absolutely delicious!

http://culturecheesemag.com/berkswell

(They are also selling some very nice Cheshire cheese and other English cheeses from Neal's Yard):

http://winelibrary.com/help.asp
Old Nov 5th 2011, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

Karen68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I've got 2 packets in the cupboard. Going to have some for supper with grilled matured Cheddar cheese on top.
Sounds yummy to me; daughter likes them with butter and jam.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

Rose of the Shires will become famous soon enough

I found crumpets too (in our local IGA market)...toasted with butter, a little Marmite and jarlsberg cheese melted on top...heaven!
Old Nov 5th 2011, 3:21 am
Just Joined

Damagya will become famous soon enough

We have so many threads on where to find certain brands of food from back home in the England...so I thought it might be nice to try and keep it all under 1 thread and add our finds/discount/offers that show up and share them with each other!

So today I was in Safeway, and maybe some of you knew this but it was news to me that they had a British munchie aisle.. so see pics below and have a look in your local store.
There is a Krogers in Riverwalk Plaza South Charleston they have a small section. Branston, HP sauce Bisto Aero Digestives Robinsons Ribena it changes now and again. There are a few web sites that you can order stuff in too
Old Nov 5th 2011, 6:02 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Damagya
There is a Krogers in Riverwalk Plaza South Charleston they have a small section. Branston, HP sauce Bisto Aero Digestives Robinsons Ribena it changes now and again. There are a few web sites that you can order stuff in too
Welcome and yes many web-sites....this thread is mainly for finding offers bargins and Brit food we cannot find anywhere else.....most of the chain grocery stores have some British Food KROGERS is huge they own Ralphs in SoCal and have a Brit section, I always stock up on my baked beans there!!
Old Nov 5th 2011, 6:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome and yes many web-sites....this thread is mainly for finding offers bargins and Brit food we cannot find anywhere else.....most of the chain grocery stores have some British Food KROGERS is huge they own Ralphs in SoCal and have a Brit section, I always stock up on my baked beans there!!
Our local Kroger still has its International section but where the British sign is all the food is Indian except for some crappy looking Shepherds Pie topping mix(whatever that is).
Old Nov 5th 2011, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
Don't remember what size it was, but the Toblerone bars they had at Heathrow a couple of weeks ago were also obscenely priced - so I didn't buy one! And I love Toblerone.
We have Smiths Foods that is owned by Kroger and they sell Toblerone frequently for a dollar and I wonder if that is cheaper than what people pay in Europe.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone in CA or NV RALEY'S have Weetabix on offer $3.50 24ct box.
Raleys pulled out of Nevada about 10 years ago. Las Vegas anyway.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 11:13 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Raleys pulled out of Nevada about 10 years ago. Las Vegas anyway.
They are in Reno http://www.raleys.com/www/stores_map.jsp?city=Reno I work in the industry and they are clients of mine
Old Nov 5th 2011, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Our local Kroger still has its International section but where the British sign is all the food is Indian except for some crappy looking Shepherds Pie topping mix(whatever that is).
So it's correct then it is the British section!

Last edited by Poppy girl; Nov 5th 2011 at 11:48 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 11:46 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Originally Posted by cheers
We have Smiths Foods that is owned by Kroger and they sell Toblerone frequently for a dollar and I wonder if that is cheaper than what people pay in Europe.
It's almost certainly cheaper than what it costs where it is manufactured in Switzerland! I will ask my spouse to check next time he's in one of the grocery stores there, but all the shops are closed on Sundays (except for the mini-marts at petrol and train stations).

The only chocolate I bring back from there are the brands which aren't usually seen in the US eg. Cailler.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if Lindt chocs are cheaper in the US than in Switzerland - everything is so expensive there.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 9:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Ocean State Job Lots, they had a knock off of Jacob's Cream Crackers for $1 a packet.

They also had massive packets of Digestives for $1.20

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.