Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Old Sep 20th 2011, 5:33 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
These are the ones almost the same as the orignals and in most stores.
Not wishing to be difficult, but I actually didn't like them much when I tried them.
Old Sep 20th 2011, 7:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BHAFC14
Fairway have just opened up a new supermarket on the Upper East Side.

http://www.fairwaymarket.com/pages.php?pageid=118

Pretty good selection of products at reasonable prices. Should do OK as there is quite a sizable ex-pat community on the UES who have previously had to go farther afield to get their fix.
If you've got a H-Mart, it's a Korean grocery store, but they have quite a decent range of Brit goods too.

I don't know where they are down your way, but they've got a few stores in NY and NJ....I've only been to the one in Burlington, MA and it was rather superb.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 9:28 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Ocean State, they had a bunch of Hob Nobs for $2 a pack, again...also packs of PG Tips for $3 for the 40 odd count I think it was.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 3:11 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
If you've got a H-Mart, it's a Korean grocery store, but they have quite a decent range of Brit goods too.

I don't know where they are down your way, but they've got a few stores in NY and NJ....I've only been to the one in Burlington, MA and it was rather superb.

I went into H-mart the other day, at 8AM, I was the only person around, it was open but it was at least 10 minutes before I even saw a member of staff.

Occasionally I would see something out of the corner of my eye at the end of an aisle but by the time I'd turned to look 'it' was gone, finally I made it my mission to find a living soul so I went to the checkout area, no one, contemplated walking out of the store then I saw someone flash past between the aisles so I 'gave chase'.

Finally, a person, a person...that didn't speak english, not even broken, the only word she apparently new was "Sorry" while walking backwards, MISO! She must know what MISO is, I said it a few times, MISO? Where is the MISO?

It felt like some weird Alice in wonderland shit. Long story short, I got what I wanted and someone was magically at the checkout.

I didn't see any British goods there but it was all a blur! I spent most of the time making sure there isn't any meat/fish product in what I'm buying, looking for a packet of Hobnobs really wasn't on my agenda

But I will go again, at a busier time, so it doesn't feel as weird.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

HotCoffee is on a distinguished road

I had to buy Heinz Salad Cream (mmmmmm!) from AMAZON of all places!!! I couldn't find it in Shoprite or Costco
Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:34 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HotCoffee
I had to buy Heinz Salad Cream (mmmmmm!) from AMAZON of all places!!! I couldn't find it in Shoprite or Costco
Salad cream is normally easy to find well in CA!!

Try the upscale grocery stores they normally have a brit aisle, I was in a store yesterday and nearly passed out Heinz Salad Cream $6.99 .....World Market is normally about $4.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

flbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really nice
Default Re: British Stuff I can buy at Kroger!

Originally Posted by lansbury
That did it. For the first time since I got here I cracked and ordered bangers at the exorbitant online prices. Free chipolatas and bacon was too tempting.
What did u think of their sausages ? l personally didn't like them,but each to their own !
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:18 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go folks the British Festive grub is in!!

http://www.worldmarket.com/family/in...oryId=12141157

WOW!! $7.99 just to have a snowman on the package http://www.worldmarket.com/product/i...uctId=12194120

Last edited by Poppy girl; Oct 25th 2011 at 4:21 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Here you go folks the British Festive grub is in!!

http://www.worldmarket.com/family/in...oryId=12141157

WOW!! $7.99 just to have a snowman on the package http://www.worldmarket.com/product/i...uctId=12194120
Don't remember what size it was, but the Toblerone bars they had at Heathrow a couple of weeks ago were also obscenely priced - so I didn't buy one! And I love Toblerone.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
Don't remember what size it was, but the Toblerone bars they had at Heathrow a couple of weeks ago were also obscenely priced - so I didn't buy one! And I love Toblerone.
Me to but not at that price its crazy, I know that the 99c store had a batch come in over the summer but my supply has diminished some what
Old Oct 27th 2011, 8:56 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Me to but not at that price its crazy, I know that the 99c store had a batch come in over the summer but my supply has diminished some what
During the summer? What's wrong with you? They should have been finished 3 weeks ago.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
During the summer? What's wrong with you? They should have been finished 3 weeks ago.
Busted
Old Oct 30th 2011, 3:47 pm

Busted
Don't worry... I'd have eaten them all in the first week.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 4:01 pm

Anyone in CA or NV RALEY'S have Weetabix on offer $3.50 24ct box.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 10:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

We just tried the Wegmans own brand vegetarian beans, much nicer than the Heinz vegetarian beans, bit more like the UK ones, still a little sweet, but nothing nasty in it.

Best bit, $1.20 for a massive 28oz can, so much cheaper than the Heinz version or the import stuff.

The sausages weren't bad either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.