Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Old Dec 23rd 2010, 2:38 am
redruM

southerncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nice
Default Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

In San Diego there is Rosie Lee's http://www.rosieleesshop.com/about

and Shakespeare's Corner Shoppe http://www.ukcornershoppe.com/

Shakespeare's has a great selection. We picked up both black and white pudding, a whole case of Heinz Baked Beans (for $1.35 a tin) and a couple of Curly Wurlys (although these last were smaller than I remember). Finishing off your shopping day you can pop to the pub next door for a pint and a Ploughmans.
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 1:55 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southerncomfort
In San Diego there is Rosie Lee's http://www.rosieleesshop.com/about

and Shakespeare's Corner Shoppe http://www.ukcornershoppe.com/

Shakespeare's has a great selection. We picked up both black and white pudding, a whole case of Heinz Baked Beans (for $1.35 a tin) and a couple of Curly Wurlys (although these last were smaller than I remember). Finishing off your shopping day you can pop to the pub next door for a pint and a Ploughmans.
Go the the 99c store for Heinz baked beans
Old Dec 24th 2010, 9:15 am
Just Joined

rccrchickie is an unknown quantity at this point

I am finding out a lot of things thanks to this site/thread. I was over at the end of November and made himself and his lads, Beef in Ale, Yorkshire puds and roasted veg. The only thing I could find apart from the basics was Guinness lol. Spent the day worried it would not 'taste right'. Thankfully it turned out just perfect. I had got the ingredients for sticky toffee pudding, but never got the chance to make it for them. He failed to tell me his oven wasn't working, and I had to use a slow cooker and small counter top oven, so not enough room to do it all for one meal. That's what I get for staying in 'The House of Trouser'

I think the only things I will miss are back bacon and lamb. I am still searching for locations in Louisiana that may sell them. I found a farmers market in the Baton Rouge area that has a Lamb stall, so himself had declared we will drive down to New Orleans for a few days. I can get lamb and he can get shrimp then.
Old Dec 26th 2010, 2:48 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

ALERT

World Market starting today has 50-75% off goodies and we all know what that means all Christmas packaged wrapped goods on sale...............
Old Dec 26th 2010, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
ALERT

World Market starting today has 50-75% off goodies and we all know what that means all Christmas packaged wrapped goods on sale...............
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Off we pop!
Old Dec 26th 2010, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by traceym
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Off we pop!
Heck YES I have my eye on those tins of Roses
Old Dec 26th 2010, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

ALERT

I'm going there right now. I hope there's still some goodies to be had.
Old Dec 26th 2010, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Heck YES I have my eye on those tins of Roses
Dont get the paint box tins of Quality street theres only about 10 in them, the boxes are much better value!
Old Dec 26th 2010, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by joto
I'm going there right now. I hope there's still some goodies to be had.
Well there is always the chance that they will get reduced again the week but thats only if us lot have not depleted the shelfs already

Good luck I am not far behind you heading out in a bit
Old Dec 26th 2010, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

heantune is just really niceheantune is just really niceheantune is just really niceheantune is just really niceheantune is just really niceheantune is just really niceheantune is just really niceheantune is just really nice

http://www.englishporkpiecompany.com/

Really good stuff, heading over to stock up on pies and pasties tomorrow, and to have lunch.
Plus, they ship.

H
Old Dec 26th 2010, 6:42 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heantune
http://www.englishporkpiecompany.com/

Really good stuff, heading over to stock up on pies and pasties tomorrow, and to have lunch.
Plus, they ship.

H
My mom sent Himself aprox one ton of stuff from them and he's been gorging himself on pies for the last two weeks. And black pudding. AND sausages. AND haggis.
My digestion is upset just from being in the same house with it all!
Old Dec 27th 2010, 3:47 pm

This website may interest some of you I use it on a regular basis its got many hints and tips on the food world.

www.chowhound.com
Old Dec 27th 2010, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

paulinespens will become famous soon enoughpaulinespens will become famous soon enough

I went to one of the local Krogers here last night and found packets of Colemans Curry Sauce mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm just ate some with chips.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

keaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Just been to my local King's supermarket...loads of Walker's Mince Pies, Christmas Puddings and Shortbread. Also the real deal Cadbury's Christmas tins of choccie biscuits...those big round tins.
I have never heard of King's. :-(
Old Jan 4th 2011, 11:29 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Drew.Dean
Here in AZ we have a Cornish pasty company

http://www.cornishpastyco.com/

By the way no relation to the owner

Was there (Mesa) on Sunday. Brilliant pasties and a great atmosphere! We even managed to bring some uncooked ones back for our freezer

Highly recommend if you are in the area.

J

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.