British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Top Gear Show about Florida scarry!!!!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/top-gear-show-about-florida-scarry-426380/)

cabritpop Feb 15th 2007 2:52 pm

Re: Top Gear Show about Florida scarry!!!!!!!!

If you live in most parts of this country it is your right and your DUTY to be armed. Don't turn in your guns like they did in Australia (pussies), The USA as you know it wouldn't work without it's armed citizenry. :D

anotherlimey Feb 15th 2007 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 4407587)
Property tax is the same as what uses to be called rates in the UK ..but nowadays no idea ..you pay it every year
for a $200k house it can vary between $1500 and $5000 per year..
again depend on area ...

Medical Insurance can vary wildly mid range and your youngish $500 a month ..

You can do your bit on Tampa now, I've given you a template.. just fill it in! :)

Ray Feb 15th 2007 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by cabritpop (Post 4408034)
If you live in most parts of this country it is your right and your DUTY to be armed. Don't turn in your guns like they did in Australia (pussies), The USA as you know it wouldn't work without it's armed citizenry. :D

I just keep my 20 for protection against Iraqi Stormtroopers

cabritpop Feb 15th 2007 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 4408086)
I just keep my 20 for protection against Iraqi Stormtroopers

I usually shoo them off with a broom. :lol:

suzanne7575 Feb 15th 2007 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by cabritpop (Post 4408260)
I usually shoo them off with a broom. :lol:

Just out of interest how many of the women on here have and carry a gun around. I know that sounds sexist and it probably is, but I imagine all the guys carrying guns but not the average women who is spending most of her time in the suburbs, and doing school runs and visits to walmart?

Florida might be where we are headed (agency dependent), but I'm not saying anything cos no-one will talk to me anymore ;)

anotherlimey Feb 15th 2007 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by suzanne7575 (Post 4408280)
Just out of interest how many of the women on here have and carry a gun around. I know that sounds sexist and it probably is, but I imagine all the guys carrying guns but not the average women who is spending most of her time in the suburbs, and doing school runs and visits to walmart?

Florida might be where we are headed (agency dependent), but I'm not saying anything cos no-one will talk to me anymore ;)

Ah it's the scrapbooker......!!!! get into the bunker!

cabritpop Feb 15th 2007 4:00 pm

All you have to do as a woman, is buy a Glock 9mm, easy to shoot, reliable, and can be acquired for $500 to $1500. Just go to your local range and practice. If in doubt ask a police officer for advice and they may hook you up with a training session.

TouristTrap Feb 15th 2007 4:00 pm

The entire armed thing is way overblown. None of my friends or acquaintances possess a gun - male or female, and wouldn't even think of it.

Yes, you can be armed if you want, but you don't see gunbattles in the streets. This is not Baghdad.

And fyi. Target dear, Target, not Walmart - unless it is 3 a.m. and you've run out of something you REALLY need :p

cabritpop Feb 15th 2007 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by TouristTrap (Post 4408329)
The entire armed thing is way overblown. None of my friends or acquaintances possess a gun - male or female, and wouldn't even think of it.

Yes, you can be armed if you want, but you don't see gunbattles in the streets. This is not Baghdad.

And fyi. Target dear, Target, not Walmart - unless it is 3 a.m. and you've run out of something you REALLY need :p

There isn't a target for 65 miles where I live only wally mart :lol:

anotherlimey Feb 15th 2007 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by cabritpop (Post 4408328)
All you have to do as a woman, is buy a Glock 9mm, easy to shoot, reliable, and can be acquired for $500 to $1500. Just go to your local range and practice. If in doubt ask a police officer for advice and they may hook you up with a training session.

Alternatively, my wife can teach you to shoot; unlike the local cops, she can hit the target at 7 yards. :rofl:

anotherlimey Feb 15th 2007 4:05 pm

Of course, but you have to teach pronunciation too, it's Tar-jjay (as in the French, I don't know how to write it!) :rofl:

ukmumsie Feb 15th 2007 4:06 pm

If you are doing runs to Walmarts around here, you do need one;) Never shopped in one -Tarjay is my thing:lol: and Costco

suzanne7575 Feb 15th 2007 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by ukmumsie (Post 4408342)
If you are doing runs to Walmarts around here, you do need one;) Never shopped in one -Tarjay is my thing:lol: and Costco

I can already shoot a gun, i used to do pony club tetrathalon as a youngster and was taught shooting by the army....lol, however i'm not sure what the consequences of an armed woman and PMT might be, or if someone gets hold of that last bit of scrapbooking stash i was after :blink: :rofl:

Will test out Tarjay when i'm out in Florida in September, sounds like i am missing out here (do they sell food?)

BritGuyTN Feb 15th 2007 4:44 pm

about 2/3 of my friends and acquaintances do... I live in the city - not hicksville

Ray Feb 15th 2007 4:45 pm

Just out of interest how many of the women on here have and carry a gun around. I ;)

A lot more than you think ...