texas

Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:24 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: texas

Originally Posted by DaveC
There are quite a few cars with GB stickers on them too - we have one and I sometimes wonder if some people think we're supporting Dubya?
I bought a GB sticker and was going to put it on my car until someone pointed out that people would think I was a Green Bay fan.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Britdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud of

I'm in Austin, too.

Originally Posted by Brit'n'TX
I worked in Austin fo a year and one of the other guys was also English - in fact we lived about 60 miles apart over there!

Now I'm away from the big city, I'm a bit of a novelty - people getting you to talk just for the sake of hearing you can get a bit tiring!
Old Sep 17th 2004, 4:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinaflorida
I bought a GB sticker and was going to put it on my car until someone pointed out that people would think I was a Green Bay fan.
Yeah, it's odd how a lot of people don't realise that there to tell which coutry ya from when driving abroad, guess it doens't happen much, only real foreign plates I've seen are canadians and they don't use stickers, though I did see a German plate a few weeks back...
Old Sep 17th 2004, 5:48 pm
Brit'n'TX

Originally Posted by tinaflorida
I have a Union Jack plate in place of my front licence plate and have just received in the post my most impressive www.britishexpats.com Union Jack sticker to put on the back window!

Old Sep 17th 2004, 9:01 pm
Texas International

Russ B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karenpolenz
Just as a matter of intrest how many other expats are living in texas?

Has any of you been lucky enough to hear other english accent?

Has any of you been asked when you are from, and when you say ie the uk
they look stuned and reply Oh I thought you might be from the england or london..
If you want the opportunity to meet up with other Brits - and happen to live near DFW or Houston - try the British American Business Council. We meet regularly for functions some business related and sometimes for a pint and a chat. In DFW we just had a presentation on the Joint Strike Fighter and we have our 20th Anniversary Annual Meeting coming up at the Hard Rock Cafe in Dallas. If you are interested follow these links:
http://www.babc.org/dallas/index.html
http://babc.org/houston
Old Sep 17th 2004, 10:41 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit'n'TX
I have a Union Jack plate in place of my front licence plate and have just received in the post my most impressive www.britishexpats.com Union Jack sticker to put on the back window!
I've just put a Union Jack front plate on my car too. My colleagues think it'll get me in trouble with people who think it's a colour-blind Confederate Flag
Old Sep 18th 2004, 1:19 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
I've just put a Union Jack front plate on my car too.
Isn't it funny , it tickles me that you're not a true patriot until you're an Ex-patriot! At least that's how i feel lol I had a huge Welsh Dragon decal on the back of my rear window looked really neat but 1 yr in houston an me car got robbed!!
Anyhow now my van has a more subtle Dragon on the back still looks kinda cool tho - wouldn't dream of having one on my car back in Wales tho lol
Old Sep 18th 2004, 1:44 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
Isn't it funny , it tickles me that you're not a true patriot until you're an Ex-patriot! p
Yup...but then if ya did it back home, it would probably be a bit tacky wouldn't it, but suddenly it's okay to do it over here
Old Sep 18th 2004, 8:00 am
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britdrinker
I'm in Austin, too.
I have a house in Georgetown, but haven't moved over yet.

75 churches and one pub, Maybe it isn't my kind of town.

A.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 7:10 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by g1ant

A.
hehe you're lucky to have that one pub i've been told there's dry counties over here
Old Sep 20th 2004, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Britdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud of

Luckily for you Austin is a short drive away, and here the church-to-pub ratio is reversed.

Originally Posted by g1ant

A.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 6:25 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
Isn't it funny , it tickles me that you're not a true patriot until you're an Ex-patriot!
you only care about the place once you leave it and the country to couldn't give a toss about you either way.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 8:15 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britdrinker
Luckily for you Austin is a short drive away, and here the church-to-pub ratio is reversed.
I'm in Austin the second week in November. Anyone fancy meeting up for a beer??
Old Oct 27th 2004, 8:55 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

I put a flag plate on the front of my car, and was asked if it was the family coat of arms FFS
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Tone
I put a flag plate on the front of my car, and was asked if it was the family coat of arms FFS
fantastic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.