Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Terrorist Attacks in London

Terrorist Attacks in London

Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Terrorist Attacks in London

Originally Posted by WarriorLife
Poor naive Rete. First off, those artists performing at the concerts...yeah, I'm sure it had nothing to do with the potential for them to increase album sales and their public persona. Look at the reports of Live 8 for evidence of that.

Secondly, I tried to find reports on the radio on the way to work this morning and must've cycled through 30 radio stations to find news. Nothing. Although I did learn some interesting sports trvia and one newscaster said that London had been bombed and that "I hope we don't get anything here in the US". Thanks for the compassion!

I'm sorry but the US's reaction to 9/11 was selfish and arrogant. To declare it the "greatest attack on freedom" and "most appalling terrorist attack of all time" needs to read the history books.
Do you ever spout anything but acidic nonsense?
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:59 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Talk about irony. I've just been speaking to big sis. Her husband is a camerman and is currently working at a thing the Queen is doing called The World at War. There's a big parade in Horseguards on Sunday so thank God the attacks didn't happen then. Her husband is fine but they are still trying to track down a few of the crew who were rigging cables around.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light

Poor naive Rete. First off, those artists performing at the concerts...yeah, I'm sure it had nothing to do with the potential for them to increase album sales and their public persona. Look at the reports of Live 8 for evidence of that.

Secondly, I tried to find reports on the radio on the way to work this morning and must've cycled through 30 radio stations to find news. Nothing. Although I did learn some interesting sports trvia and one newscaster said that London had been bombed and that "I hope we don't get anything here in the US". Thanks for the compassion!

I'm sorry but the US's reaction to 9/11 was selfish and arrogant. To declare it the "greatest attack on freedom" and "most appalling terrorist attack of all time" needs to read the history books.
I used to really enjoy taking part in this forum until you arrived.

All you've ever done since you got on here is make trouble.

Why don't you just **** off...
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:00 pm
Banned

WarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant future

My thoughts and prayers for all those caught in this attack and for all citizens and residents of the UK and their families wherever they might be.

Last edited by WarriorLife; Jul 7th 2005 at 4:35 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:01 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Lets everyone ignore this "Gentleman". Maybe he will go away. Please.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:02 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

What can I say? At least someone is trying to create discussion and debate (hence discussion forum) and air some non-PC views as opposed to typing self satisfied "I feel for those poor people" tributes ad naseum.

Somone please CHALLENGE ME.
There's a difference between constructively creating discussion on a sensitive topic and just trying to be inflammatory and piss people off. Apparently you don't know the difference.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:02 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
Lets everyone ignore this "Gentleman". Maybe he will go away. Please.
Seconded.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Vern
I used to really enjoy taking part in this forum until you arrived.

All you've ever done since you got on here is make trouble.

Why don't you just **** off...
I second this and I'm sure there's a huge queue behind me to third, fourth and so on......
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:03 pm
Banned

WarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant future

My thoughts and prayers for all those caught in this attack and for all citizens and residents of the UK and their families wherever they might be.

Last edited by WarriorLife; Jul 7th 2005 at 4:35 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:05 pm
ImHere

So it comes to this then eh...trying to discuss a point that people don't agree with, and now I am to be silenced and ignored. How ironic.
I think it might be the execution rather than the intent thats annoyed people.

Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:05 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

So it comes to this then eh...trying to discuss a point that people don't agree with, and now I am to be silenced and ignored. How ironic.
Today we're choosing to ignore you because we don't particularly want to fight with you.

Unfortunately we can't silence you.

Where's the irony?
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:06 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

You're allowed your point of view, but you are also being borderline offensive. Tone it down a bit, and maybe people will listen to what you have to say.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:06 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
As I posted elsewhere, this is a miscalculation by the perpertrators. They badly misjudged the British mentality. Britain and the British are always at their best when we have our backs to the wall and all this will do is increase British resolve. We have lived through years of terrorism and our cities mass bombed and we didnt flinch then. We wont flinch now.

see, who says the British arent patriotic anymore? I agree. Britain has prevailed through a lot. They messed with the wrong people!
The British are strong and will carry on. It still makes me sick though at the loss of innocent victims

Last edited by callé; Jul 7th 2005 at 4:25 pm. Reason: wasnt finished
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:07 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

What can I say? At least someone is trying to create discussion and debate (hence discussion forum) and air some non-PC views as opposed to typing self satisfied "I feel for those poor people" tributes ad naseum.

Somone please CHALLENGE ME.

Strange but I didn't think swbell operated in New Jersey

This was not the thread for discussions of opinions. If that was your only reason for being on this one, then please leave and start a more appropriate thread in the Lounge or Take It Outside. Perhaps in that venue you can find people who are willing to join the dance you are trying to choregraph.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:07 pm
Banned

I think what has annoyed people is that I have chosen to address a few controversial points in a non-politcally correct matter. I have chosen to discuss some truths and feelings, when all anyone else wants to do is post meaningless tributes which will be on Page 17 of the forums in a few weeks.

I gave you the truth and some frank honest comments, and you have all chosen to refute and ignore them like spoilt children. Fine. Post away - if you feel the need to have a 13 page thread of "I'm so shocked" one liners then go right ahead. Happy reading.

I'm out of here, God Bless you all. Bye.

PS Rete, about that SWBell crack - don't abuse your moderator privilidges by revealing personal information about me. Have a little respect.

Last edited by WarriorLife; Jul 7th 2005 at 4:10 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.