Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

AT&T diabolical customer service

AT&T diabolical customer service

Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AT&T diabolical customer service

Originally Posted by Leslie66
<snort> Poor thing ... tell him he won't be deported but he may be detained at Gitmo if he gets too uppity.
I hear they have an excellent Health Care Plan there.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:01 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the thoughts and advice - I partly posted to highlight what I think is poor practice at the company. I know it's not a massive deal but I also don't think companies should just help hemselves to your credit card account and also had visions of the returned phones disappearing into a bureaucratic black hole.

Matters are in hand.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:14 am
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

We switched from Verizon (were with them 10+ years) over the AT+T 18 months or so ago. 2 weeks later, I went begging back to Verizon Got all my money back from AT&T easily on their 30 day window -it was like going from the firing pan into flaming hell!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line, then AT&T customer service was shite. We never had dropped calls with Verizon, I'd get 5 on my trip to my kids school with AT&T.

Grass is always greener and in this market, for every one satisifed customer, there are probably 5 highly disatisfied.. Mobile Phone world sucks.

My biggest laugh is when people tell me they have a "global" phone and this is why they are with AT&T. Until I tell them when they travel and call back to the USA, they are about $1.50 a minute.. They think I joke.... (incoming and outgoing rate !!!!!)..

It's actually cheaper to get a Vodafone/pay as you go in the UK when you get there (Tesco, costco all do them). 15p a minute or so, plus if your with MCI, you can call USA for the 5-10p a minute for the mci-freephone+5 cents for MCI bit. Dirt cheap...
Old Sep 1st 2007, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
AT&T Wireless the original company were the best. They got taken over by Cingular & instantly became the worst, most obnoxious customer Service dept. Horrible bunch, rude, offensive, could not care what you tell them, they have already made up there mind.
I speak with some knowledge, we have been with AT&T Wireless (Cingular, now AT&T since the early 90's.
Reg. Frank R.
I agree. I used to have AT&T wireless years ago. Good customer service, good call quality and good phones. When they got taken over, my calls were always getting dropped, the 'customer service' reminded me of something from Stalin's USSR and so I left them (I actually paid $175 to get out of my contract I was that angry with them). I am with Sprint now. Ok customer service, but I find the call quality in Baltimore to be excellent.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s
We switched from Verizon (were with them 10+ years) over the AT+T 18 months or so ago. 2 weeks later, I went begging back to Verizon Got all my money back from AT&T easily on their 30 day window -it was like going from the firing pan into flaming hell!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line, then AT&T customer service was shite. We never had dropped calls with Verizon, I'd get 5 on my trip to my kids school with AT&T.

Grass is always greener and in this market, for every one satisifed customer, there are probably 5 highly disatisfied.. Mobile Phone world sucks.

My biggest laugh is when people tell me they have a "global" phone and this is why they are with AT&T. Until I tell them when they travel and call back to the USA, they are about $1.50 a minute.. They think I joke.... (incoming and outgoing rate !!!!!)..

It's actually cheaper to get a Vodafone/pay as you go in the UK when you get there (Tesco, costco all do them). 15p a minute or so, plus if your with MCI, you can call USA for the 5-10p a minute for the mci-freephone+5 cents for MCI bit. Dirt cheap...

I agree. It is cheaper to go and buy a pay-as-you-go Tesco phone. I looked when I was there a few weeks ago, they were going for 20 pounds and you got some calls included. A great deal.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 4:53 am
Account Closed

Coverage in our area isn't that good and AT&T seem to have the best. We are almost there on retrieving the money, quite a long time was spent in a hot overcrowded AT&T store yesterday sorting out why one of the phones didn't actually work (faulty sim card).

I know you have to pay here when someone else calls you, but these seem to take money even if you don't get through. Still mustn't grumble. I certainly wouldn't recommend them though.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
Coverage in our area isn't that good and AT&T seem to have the best. We are almost there on retrieving the money, quite a long time was spent in a hot overcrowded AT&T store yesterday sorting out why one of the phones didn't actually work (faulty sim card).

I know you have to pay here when someone else calls you, but these seem to take money even if you don't get through. Still mustn't grumble. I certainly wouldn't recommend them though.
Incoming and outgoing calls, rounded up to the full minute. Incoming & outgoing sms, now 15c. They even charge you for the per minute to call your VM. All adds up.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

Incoming and outgoing calls, rounded up to the full minute. Incoming & outgoing sms, now 15c. They even charge you for the per minute to call your VM. All adds up.
Reg. Frank R.
Free market forces
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Free market forces
Probably lack of market forces. Less companies less competition.
Reg. Frank R
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

Probably lack of market forces. Less companies less competition.
Reg. Frank R
Yes it was an ironic
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simongb
I agree. It is cheaper to go and buy a pay-as-you-go Tesco phone. I looked when I was there a few weeks ago, they were going for 20 pounds and you got some calls included. A great deal.
I have a UK pay as you go phone...I bought it from Carwarehouse. I think it cost just under 20 pounds and that included 10 pounds of calls. At least you don't have to pay for incoming calls when you have a UK phone.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:35 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I have managed to get thru life for 10 years now without acell phone ...
very liberating ...
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
I have managed to get thru life for 10 years now without acell phone ...
very liberating ...
I seldom use mine but my daughter's already spent a few dollars calling the friend who was sitting next to her on the sofa
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:49 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I seldom use mine but my daughter's already spent a few dollars calling the friend who was sitting next to her on the sofa
That I understand ..I never ever shout .... or speak loudly
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
That I understand ..I never ever shout .... or speak loudly
You couldn't get that Oxy Clean job then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.