Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

AT&T diabolical customer service

AT&T diabolical customer service

Old Aug 30th 2007, 4:43 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AT&T diabolical customer service

We wanted to get new cellphones for me and the kids - so ordered 3 from AT&T website.

Today 5 arrived and the cost of 5 was deducted from our credit card.

My husband spent 1 1/2 hours this evening trying to contact somebody from the company. He finally got through to a man who said we have to send the extra phones back to the warehouse before anything can be done. I think this is unacceptable as it was their mistake and they should issue credit and pick up the extra phones themselves. Getting fed up hearing a back and forth on this I asked to speak to the assistant, who gave me the runaround pretending to speak to his supervisor 3 times and not putting me through. Finally he 'put me through' by hanging up.

Is there any channel by which I can complain about this company?

:curse:
Old Aug 30th 2007, 5:12 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AT&T diabolical customer service

I have PM'd you a response.

Best of luck.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure RoadWarriorFromLP will have given you the best advice...trust me he knows his stuff.

BTW my first line of action would be to call the credit card company and put the matter into dispute...let them deal with it for you.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
We wanted to get new cellphones for me and the kids - so ordered 3 from AT&T website.

My husband spent 1 1/2 hours this evening trying to contact somebody from the company. He finally got through to a man who said we have to send the extra phones back to the warehouse before anything can be done. I think this is unacceptable as it was their mistake and they should issue credit and pick up the extra phones themselves. Getting fed up hearing a back and forth on this I asked to speak to the assistant, who gave me the runaround pretending to speak to his supervisor 3 times and not putting me through. Finally he 'put me through' by hanging up.

As well as disputing the charge with your credit card provider, you should offer to drop off the unordered phones at your nearest AT & T cellphone retailer. I would imagine the store is regularly sending phones back to AT & T.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:00 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Can't you just leave unsolicited deliveries on your door step and tell them where THEY can collect them. I thought that was a law somewhere.

You have a 14 day return policy. Go into store and get a refund and leave them the phones. I would.

Otherwise, email the investor group and POLITEY explain the situation, including the being "ignored" part. Be Polite, I've had 100% success contact investment groups. BE POLITE... talk about how you love AT&T but feel let down... ask themto pass on to appropriate person who could sort. Appologise for contacting them but that you felt it was important for the Investment team to realize, poor cust service like this lets down the great job the investment team does... blah blah blah...

Here's the LINK ... http://www.att.com/gen/investor-relations?pid=5644
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:13 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I have filed a complaint with the FCC against AT&T for an employer - we "won" but all we really was our own money that they were stealing. AT&T are bastards of astronomical proportions. :curse:
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have a family saying - Cingular Sucks.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 6:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I'm sure RoadWarriorFromLP will have given you the best advice...trust me he knows his stuff.

BTW my first line of action would be to call the credit card company and put the matter into dispute...let them deal with it for you.
That's what I said but Husband said he didn't want to be deported
Old Aug 30th 2007, 6:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by franc11s
Can't you just leave unsolicited deliveries on your door step and tell them where THEY can collect them. I thought that was a law somewhere.

You have a 14 day return policy. Go into store and get a refund and leave them the phones. I would.

Otherwise, email the investor group and POLITEY explain the situation, including the being "ignored" part. Be Polite, I've had 100% success contact investment groups. BE POLITE... talk about how you love AT&T but feel let down... ask themto pass on to appropriate person who could sort. Appologise for contacting them but that you felt it was important for the Investment team to realize, poor cust service like this lets down the great job the investment team does... blah blah blah...

Here's the LINK ... http://www.att.com/gen/investor-relations?pid=5644
Unsolicited but charged for Grrr

Thanks for the advice.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

If it were me in this situation, I would immediately return all 5 phones. Then I would find another company to get my phones and service from. Yes, it's AT&T's mistake, but fighting with them is going to consume a huge amount of time and effort. I'd cut my losses as fast as possible and write AT&T wireless off as a bad job.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 6:32 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I said but Husband said he didn't want to be deported
<snort> Poor thing ... tell him he won't be deported but he may be detained at Gitmo if he gets too uppity.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill_S
If it were me in this situation, I would immediately return all 5 phones. Then I would find another company to get my phones and service from. Yes, it's AT&T's mistake, but fighting with them is going to consume a huge amount of time and effort. I'd cut my losses as fast as possible and write AT&T wireless off as a bad job.
A well handled complaint ( i like the investor group idea) should end up with you getting some free stuff out of them!
Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

AT&T Wireless the original company were the best. They got taken over by Cingular & instantly became the worst, most obnoxious customer Service dept. Horrible bunch, rude, offensive, could not care what you tell them, they have already made up there mind.
I speak with some knowledge, we have been with AT&T Wireless (Cingular, now AT&T since the early 90's.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to me your making a way bigger deal from this then it needs to be.

They sent 2 extra phones, for obvious reasons they wont issue a refund til they get their phones back. Just mail them back, your making this harder then it needs to be and just wasting more time in getting your refund.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

I got my phone in San Francisco's China Town.
Note plug on charger.
Attached Thumbnails AT&amp;T diabolical customer service-dsc_2641.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.