Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

A stranger videoing my daughter at the pool

A stranger videoing my daughter at the pool

Old Aug 22nd 2008, 4:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A stranger videoing my daughter at the pool

Originally Posted by Leslie66
He selected the two children & planned down to the very details who would live and die out of the family unit. Learned their routines and waited for his opportunity to murder all of the ones that didn't fit into his plan. Subsequently kidnapping the two he wanted to torture, sodomize, rape and enslave. If that's not stalking I don't know what is.

I'm not saying the OP should arrest anybody. What I am saying is that it ain't cool to film other peoples children without their permission. It is even less cool to get a ****ing attitude about it when they tell you to knock it off. I don't know if the guy was a pedo or kidnapper - all I'm saying is that his behavior was definitely NOT ON and the parents shouldn't have to apologize for or justify their reactions.
I don't know about that criminal - did he do anything (other than plan in his ickly little head) that was illegal or he could have been stopped - no clue. I can't say much about him, other than I hope he's killed or locked up forever.

The photographer - we'll never know about him. Not the most polite fellow anyway it appears.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 4:27 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
340 post about a non situation is pretty stupid ...
You must be new here then.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
The more I think about it - I suspect he is just what he said he was. The child struck his eye as a good subject, and he decided he wanted to film her, and was within his legal rights to do so. Perhaps he isn't the nicest guy, as it obviously upset the parents.
But if this was the case then why was he filming her while she was getting dressed?

What appropriate reason is there for a middle aged man to film a 7 year old girl getting dressed?
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kins
But if this was the case then why was he filming her while she was getting dressed?

What appropriate reason is there for a middle aged man to film a 7 year old girl getting dressed?
The finale of the event - end of the fun and the child with her loving parents?

Really I have no way of knowing.

But she was putting on more clothes - not less. So that doesn't really seem more creepy to me than filming her playing. If he was filming her UNdressing...

Don't get me wrong - if I was the parent, I wouldn't have liked it either. Because it's rude, although apparently not illegal.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 7:32 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Now this is going just a bit far isn't it? What is worse: filming while getting dressed while you have your panties on or disrobing leaving your panties on or splashing in a pond with only your panties on? Why are you so obviously making it seem that one is worse than the other?
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

When people change their children after swimming there are sometimes flashes of nudity. Seems like a totally inappropriate time to be filming a child if you don't want to be accused of being a paedophile.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

When people change their children after swimming there are sometimes flashes of nudity. Seems like a totally inappropriate time to be filming a child if you don't want to be accused of being a paedophile.
You (or someone else?) made some reference to pulling clothes on over wet knickers. So it didn't sound as if anything extra was showing to me.

Apologies if that wasn't you who said it - this thing has gotten so long, I get confused.

I wouldn't think it was a good idea to film nude children, no. Must admit though, I've never really seen a nude kid in public over here, other than a very very tiny one. Germany etc. was another story entirely.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 8:26 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Still going, eh?
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 8:39 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Still going, eh?
It has some freakish life of its own.

I really *do* feel for kins. NOW.
(I felt for ya before kins.. you already know. )

Tracy, do you really need to post to say that you don't think strangers filming naked kiddies is a good idea?

Nudie and underpants kids over at the beach here all the time. And in the fountains downtown. The neat thing about kids is that when you don't have any, you don't have to see many!
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by meauxna
It has some freakish life of its own.

I really *do* feel for kins. NOW.
(I felt for ya before kins.. you already know. )

Tracy, do you really need to post to say that you don't think strangers filming naked kiddies is a good idea?

Nudie and underpants kids over at the beach here all the time. And in the fountains downtown. The neat thing about kids is that when you don't have any, you don't have to see many!
I was answering the question she asked me. Would be rude to ignore her, and I certainly wouldn't say it WAS a good idea.

Honestly, I more think it is a bad idea because someone will likely think you're a pervert, than because it is intrinsically wrong. Nude children ideally are sweet and innocent, and not sexual objects. People take pictures of nude babies all the time. It's unfortunate that we have to worry about it that much.

Beaches I've been around everyone had swimsuits, including the kids. Not that I personally care either way - I think we yanks are a bit repressed re. nudity anyway.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 8:50 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

I've learned on this thread that you gave up your right to personal space once you left the house. If you don't want your kid to be a featured guest on PedoTube, it's your fault.

You'll just have to do what reasonable people do in a free society -- build a 100 foot high wall around your house, and cover all the windows so that no one can see in.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 8:52 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Not all wrong acts are technically illegal.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 9:05 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Not all wrong acts are technically illegal.
And according to the Attorney General, not all illegal acts are crimes!
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 9:23 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by meauxna
And according to the Attorney General, not all illegal acts are crimes!
Yeah, I read that.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 9:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not saying the OP should arrest anybody. What I am saying is that it ain't cool to film other peoples children without their permission. It is even less cool to get a ****ing attitude about it when they tell you to knock it off. I don't know if the guy was a pedo or kidnapper - all I'm saying is that his behavior was definitely NOT ON and the parents shouldn't have to apologize for or justify their reactions.

You have said what I and a lot of other posters have already said on this thread..............maybe the way you put it, honey, it will sink in.

If we can't protect our own kids and help protect other kids out their then it is a very very sorry world we live in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.