Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

So sad...7yr old shot in the arm at day-care center....

So sad...7yr old shot in the arm at day-care center....

Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: So sad...7yr old shot in the arm at day-care center....

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
No. Children raised properly would never think of using a dangerous weapon on another human being except in self defence.

Spot the subtle difference.
I realize that - but wanting to be a responsible why put the kids in harm way if not necessary - t here is no reason for my kids to have access to knives, guns or anything item that could be considered dangerous!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Where do you keep your pens? How about those crayons? Im willing to bet theres a pencil by the phone. Bottles make for excellent clubs...can break a skull with a wine bottle no problem. Ever let your kids play with your keys? I know a lot of parents do.
The only danger crayons play in our home is when katie decided to crayon the walls in her bedroom!

There are indeed pens and pencils by the phone - but the kids have their own "stuff" to play with and dont t ouch things in our office without us being there!

Why would the kids have access to bottles - usually its in a plastic container or we help them.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:53 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
I realize that - but wanting to be a responsible why put the kids in harm way if not necessary - t here is no reason for my kids to have access to knives, guns or anything item that could be considered dangerous!
I don't actually agree with the gun lobby, it's too damned Gung Ho in my opinion, but it's part of the constitution and as such they have a right to own weapons. Is it any worse than an irresponsible parent driving drunk and having a fatal accident with the kids in the car? In this case the parents f'ed up big time and should be held responsible.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I don't actually agree with the gun lobby, it's too damned Gung Ho in my opinion, but it's part of the constitution and as such they have a right to own weapons. Is it any worse than an irresponsible parent driving drunk and having a fatal accident with the kids in the car? In this case the parents f'ed up big time and should be held responsible.

I guess thats what I have so much trouble getting my head around - that everyone has the right to own a gun (or however its worded)...I find it unbelieveable - but I do live in my own little world I guess.

And yes you are right.....every parent needs to be responsible for their actions, and to take responsibility to make sure their kids are safe.

Hi jack by the way!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 10:01 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I guess thats what I have so much trouble getting my head around - that everyone has the right to own a gun (or however its worded)...I find it unbelieveable - but I do live in my own little world I guess.

And yes you are right.....every parent needs to be responsible for their actions, and to take responsibility to make sure their kids are safe.

Hi jack by the way!
The 2nd Amendment, the right to arm Bears

Hello Sue
Old Jan 25th 2006, 10:09 pm

Cue Ray with his Armoury list
Old Jan 25th 2006, 10:23 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Hi jack by the way!

Unbellievable that common people could be allowed to own such things. Surely only politicians are responsible enough for them.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 10:30 pm

Unbellievable that common people could be allowed to own such things. Surely only politicians are responsible enough for them.
Now you're just being silly....
Old Jan 25th 2006, 10:35 pm

Aren't we (The Brits) the reason for the 2nd amendment anyway, kind of Ironic
Old Jan 25th 2006, 10:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No one should own a gun!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:04 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Ok, now I get it. But one thing...shouldn't we also set up some psycological counceling programs for all the poor 8 year olds who are so traumatized by their not being able to carry weapons, I mean the poor kids might be excluded from peer groups and perhaps even ostrasized by Mentors who have unfounded fears of gun totin' wee-ones.
Don't know how i forgot about that point - i now feel thoroughly ashamed and may need councilling myself
Old Jan 26th 2006, 12:30 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

No one should own a gun!
We could throw marshmallows at things instead.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 12:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Or we could all just try to be accepting and non-judgemental human beings and accept people for who and what they are!
Old Jan 26th 2006, 1:09 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Only if you lick them first - they won't stick to their intended target if you don't do that
Old Jan 26th 2006, 2:37 am
Account Closed

Or we could all just try to be accepting and non-judgemental human beings and accept people for who and what they are!
I accept people for who they are - Idiotic, stupid, irresponsible dumbasses for the main. My only regret for immigrating is I now cant arrest them for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.