Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Smoking in the USA

Smoking in the USA

Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smoking in the USA

Originally Posted by Ray
And you get that bathroom cam fixed ..the steam makes me miss all the action ....

Maybe I'll try a cold shower next time.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:14 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Maybe I'll try a cold shower next time.
LOL...... that'll work ..in the winter ...
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:16 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Let me get through Christmas first, thats always hard enough, without being all as well. I will do it I have to.
That the problem ..put it off once .. then after Xmas ..it will be
the new year ..then valentines day ..then Easter ...

Been there done it ..

its STOP now or never
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:17 pm
Banned

Pickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ray
That the problem ..put it off once .. then after Xmas ..it will be
the new year ..then valentines day ..then Easter ...

Been there done it ..

its STOP now or never
How long have you smoked for Ray? Why did you not give up?
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:20 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Smoked 1 1/2 - 2 packs a day until about 7 - 8 years ago, quit because I started playing football again. After 5 years I had one or two every now and then at a party etc, without inhaling.
Smoke a pipe now and again and started smoking more when my Dad got sick a few months ago ( still do not inhale).................. Pretty complicated this smoking business
So basically you set fire to money?
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:26 pm
Banned

Pickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Thydney
So basically you set fire to money?
Yep and so did I. Now that I have given up it is not the money I spent that bothers me, I would have given 10 times as much as I spent on ciggies to have never started.

But I can't beat myself up for what is done, I can't turn back time I can just look forward to a smoke free life.

......... and having more and more bars going smoke free here makes things so much better for a night out. The first time I went out in London after the smoking ban was so pleasant, it was great to get home and not reek of smoke and wake up with a clearer head. I swear that the smoke gave me a hangover as I never wake up with one after going out and having a few drinks now.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:30 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Pickles
How long have you smoked for Ray? Why did you not give up?
45/48 year of rolling my own ...

Cos I'm weak ...
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:32 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lionheart
Smoked 1 1/2 - 2 packs a day until about 7 - 8 years ago, quit because I started playing football again. After 5 years I had one or two every now and then at a party etc, without inhaling.
Smoke a pipe now and again and started smoking more when my Dad got sick a few months ago ( still do not inhale).................. Pretty complicated this smoking business
A pipe!!!! What a poser.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:41 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

Cos I'm weak ...

It's easier than you think Ray.. you just have to "want to" give up and then make up your mind that you are never going to smoke again. This is the hardest part.. but there is no pain attached to giving up.. only relief that you are not a smoker any more..

I never asked you again and just assumed that you had given up when you were ill recently..
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:46 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by anabella
It's easier than you think Ray.. you just have to "want to" give up and then make up your mind that you are never going to smoke again. This is the hardest part.. but there is no pain attached to giving up.. only relief that you are not a smoker any more..

I never asked you again and just assumed that you had given up when you were ill recently..
I did give up last year for 4 months ... and was ill and grumpy the whole time
My bits are way past saving now .. I am going out with a ciggie in my mouth
its ordained ...
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

Cos I'm weak ...
When you started you did not know about the damage it can do, like so many of your generation, but I think you know the damage is already done after that amount of time.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:48 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by britvic
When you started you did not know about the damage it can do, like so many of your generation, but I think you know the damage is already done after that amount of time.
Of course ... its like sex .. my weaner is worn out as well.........
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:50 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
A pipe!!!! What a poser.
Not sure how I'm a poser when I only use it at home? Too much of a pain in the arse to carry around, and all the PC nosey bastard LA crowd would probably freak out if you started smoking a pipe within 500 yards of them
A glass of red wine and smoking my pipe stuffed with a fine tobacco blend helps me think great thoughts.............. maybe you should try it?
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:51 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
my weaner is worn out as well.........
You obviously spent many years rolling your own
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Of course ... its like sex .. my weaner is worn out as well.........
LOL poor old Boy, then what else is there you enjoy your smokes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.