Reload this Page >

Should I give in....

Should I give in....

Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:34 pm
The destruct-a-bunny

weazie will become famous soon enoughweazie will become famous soon enough
Default Should I give in....

I was wondering?..

I was in quiznos and the server asked me if i wanted tomatoes. I just ended up saying yes I want those- and pointing- instead of going through the whole ' yes please I'd like tomartoes' you want what?' scenario.

Ive been in this situation a lot. Should I just give in and say tomato instead of tomarto?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I give in....

Originally Posted by weazie
I was wondering?..

I was in quiznos and the server asked me if i wanted tomatoes. I just ended up saying yes I want those- and pointing- instead of going through the whole ' yes please I'd like tomartoes' you want what?' scenario.

Ive been in this situation a lot. Should I just give in and say tomato instead of tomarto?
Yes give in.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Things have come to a pretty pass
Our romance is growing flat,
For you like this and the other
While I go for this and that,
Goodness knows what the end will be
Oh I don't know where I'm at
It looks as if we two will never be one
Something must be done:

You say either and I say either, You say neither and I say neither
Either, either Neither, neither, Let's call the whole thing off.

You like potato and I like potahto, You like tomato and I like tomahto
Potato, potahto, Tomato, tomahto, Let's call the whole thing off

But oh, if we call the whole thing off Then we must part
And oh, if we ever part, then that might break my heart

So if you like pyjamas and I like pyjahmas, I'll wear pyjamas and give up
pyajahmas
For we know we need each other so we , Better call the whole off off
Let's call the whole thing off.

You say laughter and I say larfter, You say after and I say arfter
Laughter, larfter after arfter, Let's call the whole thing off,

You like vanilla and I like vanella, You saspiralla, and I saspirella
Vanilla vanella chocolate strawberry, Let's call the whole thing off

But oh if we call the whole thing of then we must part
And oh, if we ever part, then that might break my heart

So if you go for oysters and I go for ersters, I'll order oysters and cancel
the ersters
For we know we need each other so we, Better call the calling off off,

I say father, and you say pater, I saw mother and you say mater
Pater, mater Uncle, auntie, let's call the whole thing off.

I like bananas and you like banahnahs, I say Havana and I get Havahnah
Bananas, banahnahs Havana, Havahnah, Go your way, I'll go mine

So if I go for scallops and you go for lobsters, So all right no contest we'll
order lobseter
For we know we need each other so we, Better call the calling off off,

Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:42 pm

JEM3110 is an unknown quantity at this point

Definately give in, unless you want the "Oh I love your accent, how cute etc etc " scenario....just say tom-aay-toe and get the hell outta there!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JEM3110
Definately give in, unless you want the "Oh I love your accent, how cute etc etc " scenario....just say tom-aay-toe and get the hell outta there!
But it is cute and very very sexy as well (on a man of course)!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by willmore
But it is cute and very very sexy as well (on a man of course)!
I'm a sucker for a Scottish accent.....
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JEM3110
I'm a sucker for a Scottish accent.....
Little harder for me to understand, but the dark blue eyes and dark hair do it for me everytime!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:59 pm

special ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to all

I was wondering?..

I have the same problem with asking for a glass of water in a restaurant (in Chicago it sounds like wadder, so my London 'worter' is a mystery to locals) or anything involving tuna (I say choona, they say toona)
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by willmore
Little harder for me to understand, but the dark blue eyes and dark hair do it for me everytime!
I'm talking Ewan McGregor or James McAvoy, mind you- not Rab C Nesbitt !
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

I can't do it....it just doesn't sound right to say tomayto or warder.
If they think I'm australian I just tell them, "No, I'm from Texas"
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by special ed
I have the same problem with asking for a glass of water in a restaurant (in Chicago it sounds like wadder, so my London 'worter' is a mystery to locals) or anything involving tuna (I say choona, they say toona)
My friend asked for butter in Starbucks the other day- the server said, "Oh yes - water -" and looked very pleased to have understood.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:24 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering?..

I've always hated such dilemmas but have found some resolutions.

1. One can always say "No thanks".

2. its going to be toasted and so it doesn't matter how the veggies turn out in the end.

3. Go to Subway - avoid such things from Quizno's.

Either way its still going to be a crap sandwich.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering?..

naaahhhhh! I could never say tomato

I say no, but lately I find myself saying Toosday and toob because I'm suddenly really away that I say Chewsday and chube. Must make effort to stop that crap.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:48 am
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I almost said Aytch today instead of Haytch when spelling something for someone but decided against it, people just seem to have no idea what I'm saying. I find it odd that when someone says Aytch to me I know what they're on about but it doesn't work the other way around
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
I almost said Aytch today instead of Haytch when spelling something for someone but decided against it, people just seem to have no idea what I'm saying. I find it odd that when someone says Aytch to me I know what they're on about but it doesn't work the other way around
Haitch is not correct.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.