Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Sausages......

Sausages......

Old Jul 30th 2007, 12:30 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sausages......

Originally Posted by Rete
Whatever is a US sausage? I only know of US breakfast ones and that can't be what you are talking about. The only other sausages would be either German, Polish or Italian.

Have you ever tried any of the various types of Cajun/Creole sausage? Andouille, Boudin etc...? Just thinking about it makes my mouth water...

My Italian Grandfather was a butcher and once a year our family would get together and make salsiccia (a type of Italian sausage) usually in my Mom's kitchen. The meat and spices would be mixed in big plastic tubs and then my brother and I would feed and crank the stuffer, My Grandpa would fill the casings and twist them into links and my Grandma and Mom would would do the wrapping and labeling. It was fun.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
It took 6 years before I would touch US sausages ..... then Kate was BBQing Italian Sweet sausages one day and talked me into trying one in a roll like a hot dog............... I am now addicted to them......... better than any Linconshire banger
Yes, I usually get the Italian Sweet Sausages,they're really good,and I we really like the Wisconsin Brats,I buy them in Walmart,they're in a larger package,and they're not frozen,they're the closest brat I've ever tasted to the ones I used to get when I lived in Germany,the Walmart brand of 'roll' sausage (sausage meat)makes the best filling for sausage rolls,it's very,very close to the sausage meat I used to buy in the UK.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sophia_S
Yes, I usually get the Italian Sweet Sausages,they're really good,and I we really like the Wisconsin Brats,I buy them in Walmart,they're in a larger package,and they're not frozen,they're the closest brat I've ever tasted to the ones I used to get when I lived in Germany,the Walmart brand of 'roll' sausage (sausage meat)makes the best filling for sausage rolls,it's very,very close to the sausage meat I used to buy in the UK.
Ohhhh .............. We get lots of Brats around here A right pain in the ass they are. I blame the parents who spoil the teenage snobs

Now can we get back to the subject ? .......... sauages please
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhhh .............. We get lots of Brats around here A right pain in the ass they are. I blame the parents who spoil the teenage snobs

Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:52 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Next time you're going thru Sheboygan or Green Bay Wisc, stop off at just about any small family owned butcher/grocery and get a few pounds of Brats, and summer sausage...mmmm
Old Jul 31st 2007, 11:16 pm
joycey

joyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Sausages......

Well thanks folks! Especially Southern Comfort, Adnams, Amandabee & helens (for atleast keeping to the thread). I WILL make some Bangers or Chipolatas and if you are ever passing Exton, PA - I will make sure I have some for you...just let me know so that I can get the mangler out or whatever machine I will need to make them.

After over 2 years here I have discovered that my husband and I will probably always drink a cup of PG tips first thing in the morning and in the afternoon and we will never be able to replace English Bangers...apart from that...we are happy living in the US...the trick is to go with the flow...but in terms of Bangers...forget it! It's down to me to sort that out....all your Kielbasa's and uggghhh 'sweet Italian sausage', I will eat at friends BBQ's and enjoy them, but I know what we like AND IT'S BLOODY BRITISH BANGERS! Especially with mash and beans!!!

I've enjoyed posting this thread and getting informed of the replies...I guess that's why you 'oldies' get hooked on it...it's fun!

Cheers..Joyce
Old Jul 31st 2007, 11:44 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joyceygreen
Well thanks folks! Especially Southern Comfort, Adnams, Amandabee & helens (for atleast keeping to the thread). I WILL make some Bangers or Chipolatas and if you are ever passing Exton, PA - I will make sure I have some for you...just let me know so that I can get the mangler out or whatever machine I will need to make them.

After over 2 years here I have discovered that my husband and I will probably always drink a cup of PG tips first thing in the morning and in the afternoon and we will never be able to replace English Bangers...apart from that...we are happy living in the US...the trick is to go with the flow...but in terms of Bangers...forget it! It's down to me to sort that out....all your Kielbasa's and uggghhh 'sweet Italian sausage', I will eat at friends BBQ's and enjoy them, but I know what we like AND IT'S BLOODY BRITISH BANGERS! Especially with mash and beans!!!

I've enjoyed posting this thread and getting informed of the replies...I guess that's why you 'oldies' get hooked on it...it's fun!

Cheers..Joyce
So agree but be careful of your useage of the word old/oldies here as you could offend like I have

(Don't worry only joking... know what you mean )
Old Jul 31st 2007, 11:48 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers..Joyce

hey, we hardly went off topic...at least we kept talking about sausages albeit not BLOODY BRITISH BANGERS
Old Jul 31st 2007, 11:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
So agree but be careful of your useage of the word old/oldies here as you could offend like I have

(Don't worry only joking... know what you mean )
you...haha no, never, don't make me
Old Jul 31st 2007, 11:55 pm

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
you...haha no, never, don't make me

Honest gov I never used the word old
Old Jul 31st 2007, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Irn-bru

Honest gov I never used the word old
yes you

hey we'll get told off again by the OP coz this is the sausage thread
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
yes you

hey we'll get told off again by the OP coz this is the sausage thread
Is my daughter being a naughty girl? I don't believe it...you must be leading her astray.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:23 am
joycey

joyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Sausages......

No offence - I may be a 'Newbie', but am also a bit of 'Oldie' (in age) -. 'Oldies' term meant as 'regulars'....people that can't leave this site alone...for too long...but I love do love this site..imagine yourdselves as long-standing actors in E/Enders or Corrie...to be respected....but come on...you do go off on your personal tangents sometimes, but that's why everytime I access this site, it takes me 2 hours to get off. I started a wonderful thread about 'films to watch when I get homesick' and it enlightened and reminded me about all sorts of wonderful films that I had forgotten - and we have ordered them thru Netflix...so all of you 'regulars' do a great job and this site wouldn't be the same without you.....

Tee Hee and Sausages...(I only wanted a recipe in the first place)

Joyce
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Is my daughter being a naughty girl? I don't believe it...you must be leading her astray.
exactly its always others never me

Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:38 am

No offence - I may be a 'Newbie', but am also a bit of 'Oldie' (in age) -. 'Oldies' term meant as 'regulars'....people that can't leave this site alone...for too long...but I love do love this site..imagine yourdselves as long-standing actors in E/Enders or Corrie...to be respected....but come on...you do go off on your personal tangents sometimes, but that's why everytime I access this site, it takes me 2 hours to get off. I started a wonderful thread about 'films to watch when I get homesick' and it enlightened and reminded me about all sorts of wonderful films that I had forgotten - and we have ordered them thru Netflix...so all of you 'regulars' do a great job and this site wouldn't be the same without you.....

Tee Hee and Sausages...(I only wanted a recipe in the first place)

Joyce
I was only joking re oldies as I said, I knew you meant that
And yes the tangents here are legendary!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.