Sandy

Old Oct 30th 2012, 2:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sandy

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Stay inside!

And perhaps stay away from windows and under a nice strong beam in the house?

Must be worrying.
You wouldn't get me outside for a gold clock...as they used to say.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 2:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by US-Ammer
In general it is, but there are odd cases where the water may become unsafe. Local municipalities usually will inform anyone if the water is unsafe to drink.
State rules in Texas are all water systems are checked for bacteria after a storm. Towns that are evacuated will not let people return until water has been tested for coliform and ecoli bacteria.

I know because it's my job
Old Oct 30th 2012, 2:21 am
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
I disagree. Water treatment plants have been overrun by floods in the past.
+1
Old Oct 30th 2012, 2:23 am
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

Twitter is good in situations like this.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 2:23 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
No, who wants to get hit in the head by a gold clock flying past at 85mph.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 2:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

...a new handbag maybe

Keep safe honey
Just Joined

US-Ammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
State rules in Texas are all water systems are checked for bacteria after a storm. Towns that are evacuated will not let people return until water has been tested for coliform and ecoli bacteria.

I know because it's my job
That's good to know. I am lucky in the fact that our water treatment plants in the area are on high ground and we have never had issues with any e.coli etc. in the water.
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
No, who wants to get hit in the head by a gold clock flying past at 85mph.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 2:26 am
Banned

Chris Christie has rescheduled Halloween for NJ! Guess he spent too much time fine-tuning his monster costume, to miss a crack at hoarding copious volumes of sugar and candy corn.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 2:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by JRG67
Chris Christie has rescheduled Halloween for NJ! Guess he spent too much time fine-tuning his monster costume, to miss a crack at hoarding copious volumes of sugar and candy corn.
Oiy that's my neighbour. It's very handy living near the state gov...means we should be top of the list to get power restored
Old Oct 30th 2012, 2:33 am
Account Closed

Oiy that's my neighbour. It's very handy living near the state gov...means we should be top of the list to get power restored
and he might share his candy with you as well
Old Oct 30th 2012, 2:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
and he might share his candy with you as well
American candy...no thanks

Just poured myself another glass of vino...keeping calm and having another drink...carry on.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Middlemore is a jewel in the roughMiddlemore is a jewel in the roughMiddlemore is a jewel in the roughMiddlemore is a jewel in the roughMiddlemore is a jewel in the rough

Stay safe people.
We are all good here in Chicago, but thinking about you guys on the right coast.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 2:41 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Just poured myself another glass of vino...keeping calm and having another drink...carry on.
That's the spirit. And you can use the empties to send messages afterwards.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 2:42 am
Account Closed

At least with no power you have a genuine excuse not to enter the kitchen and rustle up a meal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.