British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   San Antonio TX Anyone?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/san-antonio-tx-anyone-432480/)

TruBrit Aug 18th 2007 8:22 pm

Re: San Antonio TX Anyone??

Originally Posted by duncan (Post 5206524)
Tx sucks lol, Why did you do that? california is way better. I moved from NY to phoenix and now live in Austin. People love it here cos they have been no where else. The best things about Texas include Luby's, Fiesta because they sell english food lots more than world market and thats its. Its been raining here none stop and the bugs are massive and the people are backward lol.
Hope to move back to phoenix next year where the weather is always better and there opening Tescos!! wooooohooooo lol.
The best thing about tx also the riverwalk, but even that isnt very big. The houses are cheap and big but there is a reason for it being cheap lol.
I would rather live in a condo somewhere nice and not live with the hicks.
P.S. dont go to corpus it sucks

hiya and welcome to BE:)

btw after living/working here for 18mths my son left TX 2 yrs ago for san diego and never looked back ;)

dukeynorton Aug 18th 2007 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by duncan (Post 5206524)
Tx sucks lol, Why did you do that? california is way better. I moved from NY to phoenix and now live in Austin. People love it here cos they have been no where else. The best things about Texas include Luby's, Fiesta because they sell english food lots more than world market and thats its. Its been raining here none stop and the bugs are massive and the people are backward lol.
Hope to move back to phoenix next year where the weather is always better and there opening Tescos!! wooooohooooo lol.
The best thing about tx also the riverwalk, but even that isnt very big. The houses are cheap and big but there is a reason for it being cheap lol.
I would rather live in a condo somewhere nice and not live with the hicks.
P.S. dont go to corpus it sucks

Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring! What is the point of posting that? There is a Tesco's in Phoenix? F**k me, if I'd known that then I would have looked for a position there. I mean, having a Tesco's is perhaps the biggest indicator of a highly cultural town. Do me a favour mate!

dukeynorton Aug 18th 2007 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 5206788)
hiya and welcome to BE:)

btw after living/working here for 18mths my son left TX 2 yrs ago for san diego and never looked back ;)

So?

TruBrit Aug 18th 2007 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by dukeynorton (Post 5207051)
So?

what?

dukeynorton Aug 18th 2007 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 5207064)
what?

LOL! What do you want?

TruBrit Aug 19th 2007 12:03 am

Originally Posted by dukeynorton (Post 5207138)
LOL! What do you want?

what do i really really want LOL now that would be telling :p

no, i was replying to duncan the newbie.

starfleet_hq Aug 19th 2007 1:10 pm

Hello All

I'm new here. Please be gentle.

I am looking at moving to either Houston or San Antonio

What are people's thoughts

My brother lives in San Antonio runs the Genghis Grill
and my sister in law runs a few motels so undecided.

snowbunny Aug 19th 2007 1:29 pm

What are you looking for in someplace to live?

Where are you coming from?

starfleet_hq Aug 19th 2007 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by snowbunny (Post 5208554)
What are you looking for in someplace to live?

Where are you coming from?

I was looking for some thoughts on which is better, I am lucky that my family will put me up. I will be looking to go in to partnership in a business with one of my relatives.

dbj1000 Aug 20th 2007 2:28 am

Originally Posted by starfleet_hq (Post 5208580)
I was looking for some thoughts on which is better, I am lucky that my family will put me up. I will be looking to go in to partnership in a business with one of my relatives.

Are you currently in the UK? If so, what visa will you be coming to the US on? Or are you a US citizen?

It's the first question one has to ask, since without a visa all other questions are pretty much a waste of time! :)

VJS Oct 1st 2007 1:54 pm

I received an email from the Meet Ups website I browsed a couple of times, a lovely young lady has set up a meet up atThe Lion and The Rose, Broadway October 10th at 7:00 p.m.
Anyone interested?
Also does anyone drive a mini with Union Jacks painted on the wing mirrors?

lolly Oct 1st 2007 1:56 pm

I got that too are you going ?? I am.
Have seen the mini too.

VJS Oct 1st 2007 2:00 pm

Yeah, I'm definitely going.
Do you take 410 east in the morning to be in work at 8, and then leave at 5, I always see it to and from work, and there's not much to do on 410 east at that time but look at traffic!!

lolly Oct 1st 2007 2:02 pm

No but have seen it around, there is also one that goes to my sons school with Union Jack number plates on it.
Is Dukey coming on the 10th ??? maybe we should message him ???

dukeynorton Oct 1st 2007 2:10 pm

Yeh I'll come! Sounds good.