Reload this Page >

Rude Restaurant Manners

Rude Restaurant Manners

Old Oct 19th 2005, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rude Restaurant Manners

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Did you know that there were some studies done on these "healthy bacteria" drinks and they actually found little or no useful bacteria in them.

I'll try and dig up a link because I'm remembering this from a while ago.
Yes I did hear that, or something along the lines of they were killed by your stomach acids anyway!

I just got used to picking up a few bottles along with all the other foods and drinks which I took for granted back in England and enjoying the taste and hoping for possible health benefits!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 2:13 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.mobile.telegraph.co.uk/he...8/ixhmain.html
"Some had billions of bacteria in them; one had nothing in it at all; others contained organisms that just shouldn't have been there."
http://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/artic...F91.asp?bhcp=1
scientists at the Royal Free Hospital in London tested 39 products against six criteria – including whether the bacteria were able to reach the gut in sufficient numbers or whether they were killed off by stomach acids on the way. Only one, Multibionta, satisfied all six. Another 13 were satisfactory, and others didn’t work at all (see panel). Some didn’t even contain the live bacteria they claimed, says Professor Jeremy Hamilton-Miller, who unveiled the findings last November.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 2:20 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks Wintersong - I probably won't be able to find the product anyway!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 2:21 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
thanks Wintersong - I probably won't be able to find the product anyway!
Ah well - apparently it's good for diarrhoea anyway
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mick Travis

If you do move to the US you can expect better, cheaper food (and larger portions), a wider range of stuff available year-round (mmmmm. sushi.) and a plethora of what are called "family dining" restaurants (Applebees, Bennigans, etc), which should be avoided at all costs.

Realistically you will never want to leave. I don't. The quality of life is so much better here than in the UK, and (at least here in Venice) the weather is incomparable.
Quality of food does depend where you live, but in mass grocery stores it is often pretty shite...good stuff in organic stores, but you pay for it...and year round, maybe where you live but not nationwide....and decent sushi...baaa...that's a joke....give you the lobster, that is lovely and cheapish.

quality of life is also something that depends on lifestyle....i'd rather longer holidays and flexibility that won't cause a stress related heart attack myself.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:37 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
....i'd rather longer holidays and flexibility that won't cause a stress related heart attack myself.
How much more holiday can you possibly have ....
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
There appears to be a bigger range of organic products over here, though, but I never paid that much attention to organic stuff in the UK so I could be wrong.
organic food is also less environmentally friendly...still tastes better

but anyway, it was easier to get in the UK, sainsburys, tesco's, m&s etc...over here, walmart doesn't carry it, local grocery stores don't carry a huge selection unless in those massive stores....great co-op in town though that does, but you certainly pay a lot for it.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Ray
How much more holiday can you possibly have ....
it's pretty unfun being unemployed...nae safety net, if the missus can't work, we're more than funked....and i do do a fair bit of voluntary work btw....so i ain't a complete slob
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:41 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Rude Restaurant Manners

Originally Posted by Bob
it's pretty unfun being unemployed...nae safety net, if the missus can't work, we're more than funked....and i do do a fair bit of voluntary work btw....so i ain't a complete slob
Retire Bob ..like me .. 10 years ..so far ... its very tiring I can tell you ...
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:43 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Aye. Unfortunately we have no Sams Club near here so I have to fork out Publix Prices at the moment.
wayhay...somin' we've got that you don't...admittedly i've gotta drive 45 odd mins in any direction to hit Sams, but that's the same to hit the nearest walmart.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Ray
Retire Bob ..like me .. 10 years ..so far ... its very tiring I can tell you ...
but at least you've got the squirrels to keep you busy....well you had at least
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

I'm about to become a US citizen, although I won't give up my EC passport. I'm pretty sure we'll retire here, if only because I prefer 75 and sunny to any weather in the UK. But it requires planning.
Isnt' that what spain is for?
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

On the other hand, yogurt and eggs aren't refrigerated in Tesco!
eggs don't need to be refrigerated..as long as the temp is constant, it'll be fine...it's much worse keeping the eggs in the fridge door because your opening and closing all the time...
Old Oct 19th 2005, 11:38 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
wayhay...somin' we've got that you don't...admittedly i've gotta drive 45 odd mins in any direction to hit Sams, but that's the same to hit the nearest walmart.
You also have lots of snowdrifts. Definitely didnt have any here last time I looked.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:20 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
organic food is also less environmentally friendly...still tastes better

but anyway, it was easier to get in the UK, sainsburys, tesco's, m&s etc...over here, walmart doesn't carry it, local grocery stores don't carry a huge selection unless in those massive stores....great co-op in town though that does, but you certainly pay a lot for it.
I used to be able to get everything organic in the UK and it was getting pretty cheap. Here, you're lucky if you can find anything, unles of course you want to pay way over the odds for it. It concerns me to see that "normal" apples here stay "fresh" forever, like the fries in Supersize Me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.