Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Rude Restaurant Manners

Rude Restaurant Manners

Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:19 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: Rude Restaurant Manners

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Your husband's friends are oafs unless your husband has told them to help themselves.

Your host was a wanker, pure and simple. Anyone in a hot weather climate has a right to request a glass of water, politely. At that point, a forgetful host or hostess will usually wake up and offer whatever else they have on hand.
I've also experienced this one, personally, whilst my mum was here on vacation no less. July, after an hr of hanging about, I got up and made us some lemonade. My mum was a. horrified I'd gone into someone else's refrigerator (a friend, but even so), and b. mumbled all the way home at the rudest person she'd ever met in her life.

I don't know if it is just Florida, not having lived elsewhere in the country, but the experiences I'm reciting are the norm rather than the exception down here.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:07 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbark
Count to ten - calm down. I don't know how you can judge whether or not I have worked in food service. Actually I agree with you that nobody should be treated in the ways you describe. Why do you work at a job you obviously hate?
Because I need the money.
Plus its only for 2 weeks and its a favor to my old boss. Most of the experiences I described happened when I first arrived here last summer and worked as a maitre d.
I don't hate it, I hate being treated terribly. The comraderie between staff members is great, the thing that gets me through is its temporary (hallelujah!). Actually the thing that has really gotten to me is the racism the Korean and Puerto Rican waitstaff have experienced that makes my blood boil. Some guests are wonderful, some I feel blessed to have met, but some are consistently vile.
The people I'm waiting on are all over 55 too. You'd think they'd have better manners. Its no wonder people complain about kids today - I've been around the rude people that raised them, it stuns me that older people can act this way.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:45 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
We rather like the Chinese restaurants, at least they leave you alone to eat in piece and they do seem to have better manner's with there customers.
The guy at our local Chinese place in England used to shout at us, he was part of the reason we used to go back all the time, he was hill-hairy-arse!!!
Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:53 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I don't need to post about it.
Please practice what you preach!!
Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:59 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
The people I'm waiting on are all over 55 too. You'd think they'd have better manners. Its no wonder people complain about kids today - I've been around the rude people that raised them, it stuns me that older people can act this way.

Totally agree with you Sarah, even now I can't believe how rude some people are!..
((btw, sorry for poking my nose in the US section.. )
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:06 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by deba34
Totally agree with you Sarah, even now I can't believe how rude some people are!..
((btw, sorry for poking my nose in the US section.. )
Gwon clear off back to Oz! Bloody rowdy aussie ex-pats coming in here like that. Whatever next?
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:08 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Gwon clear off back to Oz! Bloody rowdy aussie ex-pats coming in here like that. Whatever next?

Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:11 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, does that include me?!?! I'm a mutt!
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:25 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Be giving us there bloody opinions mate, that's what's next!!
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:05 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Partystar
Hey, does that include me?!?! I'm a mutt!
Ah yea but you live here so we'll let you off.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rushman
Be giving us there bloody opinions mate, that's what's next!!
What!? Cant be having that...theres more than enough opinions around here already.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:33 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
No one has ever walked into my house uninvited ..
child or adult... Can't really see where the problem lies.
Even the ones that are invited dont come in
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Please practice what you preach!!
Not going to happen dear, not anytime soon anyway.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:44 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

I think the average snowbird age here is about 93 so they should all be droppin soon enough anyway. God only knows what the Buick salesmen are going to do down here then
Don't worry.we have a whole new lot retiring up here in the next few years....but after that I think you'll luck out.........I don't think the next lot of New Englanders will have the money to retire.........

Last edited by krizzy; Oct 11th 2005 at 1:47 am.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 2:41 am
Back where I belong!

Ah yea but you live here so we'll let you off.
Thanx, preachhh!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.