road trip

Old Jul 27th 2013, 4:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: road trip

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
We enjoyed Wyoming, we spent some time in Cheyenne before heading into Colorado.

We didn't actually do anything except drive and look at the wonderful views.

It was strange because when we there before, more than 22 years ago we were homeless, jobless and very very scared for the future. Pueblo was where we were when we knew that the job and move to Colorado wasn't going to happen. We spent the night there last night and it made me think how our life is so much different to how it was back then.

We left our hotel before dawn this morning and we were driving towards Trinidad as the sun was coming up. Trinidad was a small town when we stopped there all that time ago, now it has grown! I felt a bit teary because it was one of the hardest times in our life....but it was good to see it all again

So after leaving Colorado really early we drove straight through New Mexico, again admiring all the views and stopping in various small towns to stretch our legs. We went to Roswell....didn't see any aliens though and then to Carlsbad and finally arrived in Texas tonight. We are still over 500 miles from home but we will make our way back tomorrow.

Its been a great trip, we have had fun. We did what we set out to do, which was the SD things so everything else was extra and interesting.

Ready to plan another one...but wont break the news to the man yet
Sounds like it was a lot of fun.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 4:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Glad you had a good time. I don't know why, but this came to mind.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T8WiPy1xSkw

I had forgotten that one....now I can't get it out of my head!
Old Jul 27th 2013, 4:11 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

I had forgotten that one....now I can't get it out of my head!
... and all for under a £1 you know. That was in the time I could drive to Braintree from Colchester and pay 57p a gallon for petrol and about the same for a Pils in the Angel.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

... and all for under a £1 you know. That was in the time I could drive to Braintree from Colchester and pay 57p a gallon for petrol and about the same for a Pils in the Angel.
Strange story:

When we were at The Crazy Horse Memorial a guy came up to us and asked M where he had got his T Shirt from, he was wearing a Spitfire Beer shirt our son had sent to him. So this guy and his wife were from the UK and had rented a Harley from Las Vegas and were touring around for 10 days. When I asked where they were from he said Braintree

The real strange thing was he thought I was American and M was Australian

Essex people...gotta love 'em
Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:33 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Strange story:

When we were at The Crazy Horse Memorial a guy came up to us and asked M where he had got his T Shirt from, he was wearing a Spitfire Beer shirt our son had sent to him. So this guy and his wife were from the UK and had rented a Harley from Las Vegas and were touring around for 10 days. When I asked where they were from he said Braintree

The real strange thing was he thought I was American and M was Australian

Essex people...gotta love 'em
Blimey! What are the chances!

You don't sound a bit American
Old Jul 27th 2013, 6:16 pm
Account Closed

Blimey! What are the chances!

You don't sound a bit American

Couse I don't darlin, once an Essex Girl always an Essex Girl. Right?