Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Personal statement-Masters degree!!!

Personal statement-Masters degree!!!

Old Jul 27th 2013, 3:36 am
Just Joined

shukuru is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Personal statement-Masters degree!!!

My passion in accounting started when I was nine years, I was placed in one of our shop in a sales department during my weekends. This was something that changed my life: a shop of more than hundreds orders placed a day. Some of my best days were spent arranging goods in the store, listing new stocks, counting stock. Since then, I have wanted to be an accountant.
After practicing accounting and finance for years, I felt I should gain more knowledge to expand my understanding in accounting. I have loved every minute of my work: especially the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge projects and discuss ideas with management. I soon realized that, although I enjoy handling complex accounting problems and processing the results, I am not going to be satisfied with carrying out routine procedures under the direction of others. I want to be part of the team that directs the course of the project. My desires towards Chartered Accountant program moved my ambition and feel that I have the potential for Masters of professional accounting.
At undergraduate level, I majored in the department of Accounting and finance, I chose this major due to my belief that finance is the foundation of any business in a modern world such as budgeting, stocks, turnover, cash flow and Investment analysis, as well as the crucial role played by accounting in the ultimate direction and success of a company in the area of Financial reports and decision making. Finance and accounting department offered us comprehensive training in diverse fields such as Taxation, Management and Accounting. With my extensive foundation in finance and accounting, I am convinced that I can cope well with all necessary requirements attached with Masters of professional accounting.
In addition to my work as an accountant, I acquired a unique blend of experiences. Perhaps the most memorable and valuable of all was my participation in the establishment of a new company from grassroots. I was involved in the process of analyzing Net returns from various projects that attached with the company, as well as managing of cash flow of the company. During the process of conducting these tasks, conflicts inevitably arose. I worked hard, however, to coordinate with management and developed contingency plans to address problems as they arose. This experience proved to be as rewarding as it was challenging, and I expect that the leadership experience I acquired will be very useful when pursuing further studies.
Out of all Universities I looked at ........,University was particularly appealing to me and has a pathway towards Chartered Accountant program. Your facilities and teaching staff are just what I need to continue my education and expand my knowledge of accounting and finance. If accepted, and after having completed my studies, I would like to take with me, in addition to knowledge of accounting, a network of strong and lifelong relationships with my professors and fellow-students, and work for one of the leading multinational accounting/finance firms as an accounting professional capable of dealing with a broad range of people, companies, and financial situations. I hope that my background and qualifications are found suitable for a Masters of professional accounting at Auckland University
Old Jul 27th 2013, 4:51 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Personal statement-Masters degree!!!

It's a bit of a long commute from Houston, but if you base yourself on the west coast I think there are direct flights out of LA......
Old Jul 27th 2013, 7:05 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shukuru
I hope that my background and qualifications are found suitable for a Masters of professional accounting at Auckland University
What does your post have to do with the USA?

Rene
Old Jul 27th 2013, 7:12 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
I wonder if he didn't mean to even post that on here, looks like part of an application for a job? Perhaps he hit the wrong button..
Old Jul 27th 2013, 7:19 am
Just Joined

shukuru is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks you all,
Pls my location isn't an issue here,the only thing is to check whether personal statement meets the standards!
its ma first time to write something like this,so pls i pledge to anyone who is willing to help me out.
be blessed
Old Jul 27th 2013, 2:22 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
I think he wants us to copy edit his university application statement!
Old Jul 27th 2013, 3:12 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
I think he wants us to copy edit his university application statement!
I got that impression as well..
Old Jul 27th 2013, 3:59 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shukuru
thanks you all,
Pls my location isn't an issue here,the only thing is to check whether personal statement meets the standards!
its ma first time to write something like this,so pls i pledge to anyone who is willing to help me out.
be blessed
Your location IS an issue, because you posted this a US forum, and your personal statement refers to be wanting to be a Chartered Accountant, which is not a commonly recognized qualification in the US, and certainly NOT one that enables you to offer services as a professional accounant; for that you'd need a CPA licence.

FWIW I have no experience of personal statements, but to me it looks long, and very "wordy".
Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

........,University is the only one to go for.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 6:32 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
........,University is the only one to go for.
Isn't that the one that the CIA and MI5 use?