Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Price of gas update...

Price of gas update...

Old Nov 25th 2008, 2:49 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Price of gas update...

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Yep, except you left out my set of deer antlers mounted as a hood ornament!
Hold on... Yes, you're right...
The gun rack, the confederate flag and that lovely antler hood ornament are a bit OTT.. now if you manage to think of anything else apart from your 2grand sound system that blares out country music that everyone can hear from half a mile away, and the stainless steel tailgaters barbeque grill (complete with beer cooler) that you had custom built into the boot, then I'm going to be concerned that you're actually "livin the dream"!
Old Nov 25th 2008, 2:51 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

$1.49 OMG!!!!
Old Nov 25th 2008, 2:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishinfl
The gun rack, the confederate flag and that lovely antler hood ornament are a bit OTT.. now if you manage to think of anything else apart from your 2grand sound system that blares out country music that everyone can hear from half a mile away, and the stainless steel tailgaters barbeque grill (complete with beer cooler) that you had custom built into the boot, then I'm going to be concerned that you're actually "livin the dream"!
Nope, you about covered it. It is a bit hard going muddin' in such a low clearance car, but we manage it.

Ok, back to the topic at hand. With my $.10/gal discount, I can get gas for $1.42. Can anybody beat that?
Old Nov 25th 2008, 3:05 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, you about covered it. It is a bit hard going muddin' in such a low clearance car, but we manage it.

Ok, back to the topic at hand. With my $.10/gal discount, I can get gas for $1.42. Can anybody beat that?
Not me, best I saw today was 1.70. You're in the lead so far.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 3:49 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

And here too, the upper class ones around here drive Suburbans or Tahoe's, and the women drive 350's.
Come on... I had to give her the benefit of the doubt though, otherwise she might have taken me seriously and got pissed off
I like your women...
Old Nov 25th 2008, 5:49 am
Banned

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I like your women...
Oh I know.. me too, they're really something aren't they?
Old Nov 25th 2008, 5:51 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I know.. me too, they're really something aren't they?
I reckon so!
Old Nov 25th 2008, 5:55 am
Banned

I reckon so!
You know, I never know where to look while I'm in the filling station putting petrol in the car, I mean... if I'm not admiring their truck, I'm admiring their tattoos!
Old Nov 25th 2008, 6:18 am
Unmitigated Gall

You know, I never know where to look while I'm in the filling station putting petrol in the car, I mean... if I'm not admiring their truck, I'm admiring their tattoos!
I know what you mean...
Old Nov 25th 2008, 6:26 am
Banned

I know what you mean...
Sad thing is I find myself looking at their tat's and thinking... that's kind of a cool one, I never saw one of those before.......
Even the checkout girl in Publix got into conversation and started showing me her tatoo when I was in there one evening and we had to wait for a price check lol (before you ask or wonder, it was on her upper arm, she decided against showing me the "tramp stamp" on her back between her hips, or the one that she apparently had on her shoulder)
Old Nov 25th 2008, 6:43 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

in my town, we have the Good Ole Boys with their Easy Rider rifle racks, truck jacked up for mud boggin' and the cages in the back for their huntin' dogs.

We also have the Yuppies in their trucks with built in wine racks.

It's all good.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 6:43 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Why am I not surprised?
Why would we? DH has 2 mi drive to work and I have 6.5 mi drive. Plus, I walk/bike everywhere in the summer because I paid more to live in civilization rather than 50 mi from anything (and end up using more gas/money).

Plus, I like the way my car sounds when I start 'er up and rev the engine. And if I ever get chased by the cops I can probably outrun them. (Not that I'd do anything bad.)

BTW: It was my English husband who wanted to buy the gas guzzlers. Why? His answer is because he could (and he was tired of being in a car the size of a toy and always borrowing the neighbor's truck).

Last edited by tamms_1965; Nov 25th 2008 at 6:48 am.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 6:51 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

$1.37 next 'burb over close to AFB, but $1.54 in my neighborhood.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:23 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
BTW: It was my English husband who wanted to buy the gas guzzlers.
Oh yes, same here. Mister Muscle Car.
I would've been on board for a SmartCar or one of the ones he calls 'invalid carriages'.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:34 am
Banned

Originally Posted by meauxna
Oh yes, same here. Mister Muscle Car.
I would've been on board for a SmartCar or one of the ones he calls 'invalid carriages'.

Got to say, I was so amused at all the trucks and so called muscle cars standing on the sides of the roads round here, with a "for sale" sign on when the petrol was 4 bucks a gallon. Evidently the rednecks that drove them suddenly had to decide between the rent on their trailer, or the monthly payment on their $35K wheels. I always thought they'd probably rather live in their truck or car if push came to shove, but it seems a lot of them proved me wrong.
Not quite sure how one goes about getting ones money back on something that does 12 to the gallon, when petrol has gone up to around $4.00 though, but better late than never. I wasn't unhappy to see less of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.