Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Potential move to Florida/Orlando etc

Potential move to Florida/Orlando etc

Old Mar 24th 2016, 3:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Potential move to Florida/Orlando etc

Originally Posted by Marvitodude
Yeah I imagined so, Or else a lot of people would have done it, thank you for your replies personally, theres a lot of extremely rude posts in here.
I'm sorry you feel that way...because quite honestly I cannot see any extremely rude posts in this thread. We have all travelled down the expat road to the US and have tried to pass our experiences...both good and bad...onto you. Take them as you will...
Old Mar 24th 2016, 3:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RICH
I have been living in Florida for 11 years, and I must be out of touch with reality. Which posts were the rude ones?
Noorah's
Old Mar 24th 2016, 3:26 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Noorah's
She's naughty. I always knew it.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 3:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RICH
She's naughty. I always knew it.
Many of us do.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 5:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, the secret's out!

Rene
Old Mar 24th 2016, 9:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

These are 'extremely rude'? Confused.com.

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Define "normal job"? Not sure what you are referring to.

Rene
Originally Posted by Noorah101
There is no work visa for a mall-type job, or other minimum pay type job. Disney might have something in the J visa category, maybe? Or seasonal worker, one of the H visas? Very temporary in nature.

Rene
Old Mar 24th 2016, 9:40 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I think people in this thread have been very very patient with someone who just seems to want to ignore the facts and still go with his ideas, he obviously hasn't read the links otherwise this thread would have been finished long ago.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marvitodude
Yeah I imagined so, Or else a lot of people would have done it, thank you for your replies personally, theres a lot of extremely rude posts in here.
I think you are confusing information you don't want to hear with rudeness.

You have a dream to move to the US (many people do), but that has to be matched with realism about how that might be achieved. Very experienced people have been trying to help you understand that.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Harveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond repute

Incidentally, why is it when poeple post on here wanting to move to the US with very little knowledge of the harsh realities of the process, or the unlikelyhood of being able to do so, cite all the responders as "Rude"?

I mean, sure, it is very disappointing and tone cannot be conveyed on forums so any news that is negative to their ambitions can be seen as rude when in fact it is just "to the point", but you don't exactly call someone rude you deal with face to face if they give you bad news do you?!
Old Mar 24th 2016, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Harveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
I think you are confusing information you don't want to hear with rudeness.

You have a dream to move to the US (many people do), but that has to be matched with realism about how that might be achieved. Very experienced people have been trying to help you understand that.
Damn you for answering my post before I even posted it!
Old Mar 24th 2016, 11:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I think this thread has run it's course. Thread closed.