Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to buy good tea in Indiana?

Is it possible to buy good tea in Indiana?

Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it possible to buy good tea in Indiana?

Originally Posted by britvic
Born there yes but brought up in Ealing
Where I was bought up I was never quite sure what country I was in.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surly
Where I was bought up I was never quite sure what country I was in.
well I have to agree with you there
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Jimc_usa will become famous soon enoughJimc_usa will become famous soon enough

My Fragrant Cup of Tea by Minna Irving, 1920

When I am tired of work or play,
And all my nerves are raw
With things I did, and things I said
And things I merely saw,
I hasten home and donning mules
And flowing negligee,
Get out the spirit lamp and make
A fragrant cup of tea.

I pour the steaming amber drink
In china thin and fine,
Gold banded, bordered daintily
With wild rose flower and vine,
Add cream and sugar or condensed,
And sipping slowly see
A film of far off scenes unroll,
The drama of the tea.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 4:13 am
Just Joined

guaporusty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by deniseincarmel
Hello everyone. This is my first time starting a new thread so please go easy on me, lol.

My question is where can one purchase good tea in America, preferrably in the Indianapolis or Carmel areas. Or, if anyone has a great online source to recommend that would be great. I'm leaning towards downsizing coffee consumption in favor of finding a great tea to take its place.

There has to be something out there besides Lipton, but where should I start?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Online I order from the Upton Tea company--it has every imagineable blend of tea and I've always been extremely pleased with the overall purchase process.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

deniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jimc_usa
My Fragrant Cup of Tea by Minna Irving, 1920

When I am tired of work or play,
And all my nerves are raw
With things I did, and things I said
And things I merely saw,
I hasten home and donning mules
And flowing negligee,
Get out the spirit lamp and make
A fragrant cup of tea.

I pour the steaming amber drink
In china thin and fine,
Gold banded, bordered daintily
With wild rose flower and vine,
Add cream and sugar or condensed,

And sipping slowly see
A film of far off scenes unroll,
The drama of the tea.
Hey Jim. Nice to meet you. Thanks for the cool poem. Love it!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

deniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to all

Originally Posted by guaporusty
Online I order from the Upton Tea company--it has every imagineable blend of tea and I've always been extremely pleased with the overall purchase process.
Thanks for seconding Lynne's opinion of Uptons! Nice to meet you, also, Guaporusty. Have a relaxing weekend!
Old Aug 11th 2007, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

Skint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond repute

If you have friends/relatives in England here's some advice

Teabags weight very little.

Every 2 months my old man mails us 90 "Whittards English Breakfast" teabags (my personal caffienated drug of choice) in a jiffy bag. Just buys the boxes from their store in Winchester, opens 'em up, tips the contents into a ziplock baggie, into the jiffy and posts them at a cost of about a couple of quid. Even declares the contents as teabgs on the customs form. Never had one blocked yet.

S at on our front porch with a cuppa (milk, 2 sugs), the paper, and some decent digestives from Jungle Jims is my regular morning 'wallow' in britishness
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:25 pm
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKY Jelly
Sat on our front porch with a cuppa (milk, 2 sugs), the paper, and some decent digestives from Jungle Jims is my regular morning 'wallow' in britishness
That is page 1 of the "How to be British" text book I think. Doing the same, but whilst having a shit and reading The Sunday Times is in the limited edition "How to be British: Advanced" text book.