Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to buy good tea in Indiana?

Is it possible to buy good tea in Indiana?

Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

deniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to all
Default Is it possible to buy good tea in Indiana?

Hello everyone. This is my first time starting a new thread so please go easy on me, lol.

My question is where can one purchase good tea in America, preferrably in the Indianapolis or Carmel areas. Or, if anyone has a great online source to recommend that would be great. I'm leaning towards downsizing coffee consumption in favor of finding a great tea to take its place.

There has to be something out there besides Lipton, but where should I start?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:46 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it possible to buy good tea in Indiana?

There is a British shop about 45 mins away (?) so if you couldn't find tea at world market you could try there. Great breakfasts there on the weekend.
They used to do yorkshire tea which I do like and I'm not a big tea drinker.
The local shops in Indy used to sell tetley tea bags.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:05 am
Silly fool for love

twiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to all

I personally love www.twiningsusa.com you have to order a minimum of $15 worth of tea/accessories.

They pretty much have everything from tea bags to loose leaf, English blends and err.. fruit 'teas'

It's well worth the $6/$7 shipping fee for a reliable supply of tea (unlike my local co-op!)
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

deniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
There is a British shop about 45 mins away (?) so if you couldn't find tea at world market you could try there. Great breakfasts there on the weekend.
They used to do yorkshire tea which I do like and I'm not a big tea drinker.
The local shops in Indy used to sell tetley tea bags.
Thanks Irn-bru. I've never been to world market. My problem is I'm not sure which kind I really like. One of my previous bosses bought me a three pack at Piccidilly once and it had Piccidilly (sp?), Earl Gray, and another kind that escapes me. Those two were my favorites.

yorkshire and tetley. hum. I'll have to try those.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by twiggy1984
I personally love www.twiningsusa.com you have to order a minimum of $15 worth of tea/accessories.

They pretty much have everything from tea bags to loose leaf, English blends and err.. fruit 'teas'

It's well worth the $6/$7 shipping fee for a reliable supply of tea (unlike my local co-op!)
twiggy, thanks for the link. Maybe I should try one with a variety. What's your favorite?
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:20 am
Silly fool for love

twiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to all

I'm afraid I'm an old bore when it comes to tea...

English Breakfast and Assam are my two favourites...

But they're rather strong so I'd stick to an Earl Grey if you're trying to wean yourself off coffee!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:22 am

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deniseincarmel
Thanks Irn-bru. I've never been to world market. My problem is I'm not sure which kind I really like. One of my previous bosses bought me a three pack at Piccidilly once and it had Piccidilly (sp?), Earl Gray, and another kind that escapes me. Those two were my favorites.

yorkshire and tetley. hum. I'll have to try those.
Well tetley, how do I put this, is not the connoisseur of tea, mostly used for every day stuff. If you like strong tea, yorkshire to me is better.

Loose leaf tea does taste great. I'd try out like you did individual bags to get the taste you like and experiment with strength and if you like it with milk or lemon or black etc. Then once you know the type you like then try different brands.
Twinings is a good place to start (I like their loose tea) and you should even get it in shops there and they do sell mixed packs of tea bags.

After years of having tea like my family as weak as water and black and I thought I didn't like tea. I discovered I loved strong tea with milk in it. Experiment and have fun
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Well tetley, how do I put this, is not the connoisseur of tea, mostly used for every day stuff. If you like strong tea, yorkshire to me is better.

Loose leaf tea does taste great. I'd try out like you did individual bags to get the taste you like and experiment with strength and if you like it with milk or lemon or black etc. Then once you know the type you like then try different brands.
Twinings is a good place to start (I like their loose tea) and you should even get it in shops there and they do sell mixed packs of tea bags.

After years of having tea like my family as weak as water and black and I thought I didn't like tea. I discovered I loved strong tea with milk in it. Experiment and have fun
I like strong tea...I use Tetley's British Blend...most supermarket chains sell it. I use a normal size cup...for a mug I would probably use 2 tea bags.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I like strong tea...I use Tetley's British Blend...most supermarket chains sell it. I use a normal size cup...for a mug I would probably use 2 tea bags.

I'd say you like it strong!!
My family would get 6 mugs of tea out of one and could reuse it all day

Its the flavour of yorkshire tea I like (I was introduced to it by a South African couple!!)

Theres an English girl here who only uses loose tea (gets it imported!) and is such a tea connoisseur, just glad I went to her house first as she'd have gotten an old tea bag bunged in a mug in mine
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:42 am
Silly fool for love

Theres an English girl here who only uses loose tea (gets it imported!) and is such a tea connoisseur, just glad I went to her house first as she'd have gotten an old tea bag bunged in a mug in mine
That's dedication! I'm more than happy with my tea bags, I mean, first thing in the morning, who wants to fiddle with warming the pot, measuring out your teaspoons and whatnot.

But then again there's nothing like padding around in your robe and having a big pot of tea waiting with generously buttered crumpets! I wish I still lived at home
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:55 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deniseincarmel
Hello everyone. This is my first time starting a new thread so please go easy on me, lol.

My question is where can one purchase good tea in America, preferrably in the Indianapolis or Carmel areas. Or, if anyone has a great online source to recommend that would be great. I'm leaning towards downsizing coffee consumption in favor of finding a great tea to take its place.

There has to be something out there besides Lipton, but where should I start?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Are there any Indian grocery stores near you? They are likely to sell black tea (bags and loose). I wouldn't be surprised if they sold PG Tips, Tetley and maybe one or two familiar brands. I'd check the expiration dates carefully too.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 2:07 am

That's dedication! I'm more than happy with my tea bags, I mean, first thing in the morning, who wants to fiddle with warming the pot, measuring out your teaspoons and whatnot.

But then again there's nothing like padding around in your robe and having a big pot of tea waiting with generously buttered crumpets! I wish I still lived at home
Its easier than fiddling about with espresso machines like I do every morning, and no a cup of tea doesn't work for me in the mornings
Old Jul 31st 2007, 2:17 am
Silly fool for love

Its easier than fiddling about with espresso machines like I do every morning, and no a cup of tea doesn't work for me in the mornings
Fiddling with espresso machines? Most impressive! I feel somewhat like an unrefined oaf now with my lone teabag in the mug and the kettle on whilst I go pick my paper up!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 2:32 am

Fiddling with espresso machines? Most impressive! I feel somewhat like an unrefined oaf now with my lone teabag in the mug and the kettle on whilst I go pick my paper up!
awww Na you're the one with intelligence here, in the morning just dropping a tea bag in a mug

....whereas me who hates mornings pick a fussy method
Old Jul 31st 2007, 2:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

awww Na you're the one with intelligence here, in the morning just dropping a tea bag in a mug

....whereas me who hates mornings pick a fussy method http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/mad/mad0228.gif
You are certainly my daughter for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.