Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

permanent resident card re-entry question

permanent resident card re-entry question

Old Jul 22nd 2007, 2:41 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: permanent resident card re-entry question

Originally Posted by surly
I thought you where required to travel to and from the US under your US passport. Is that incorrect, and can you show me where is says you can travel to and from the US using a UK passport if you are an American Citizen.
The out is pretty academic at the mo coz they don't have exit controls.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 2:45 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
The out is pretty academic at the mo coz they don't have exit controls.
If you travel to mainland China they need to check passport for Chinese entry visa.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
You use your US passport to leave the US and enter the US if you are a US citizen.
You can use your UK passport to enter the UK.
I'm too stingy to pay $265 to renew it.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 2:46 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

I'm too stingy to pay $265 to renew it.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

You use your US passport to leave the US and enter the US if you are a US citizen.
You can use your UK passport to enter the UK.
Wouldn't it look suspicious if on re-entry your US passport doesn't show you having been anywhere?
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 3:06 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

Wouldn't it look suspicious if on re-entry your US passport doesn't show you having been anywhere?
They have never looked for stamps when I hand my US passport over for inspection upon re-entry into the US.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

They have never looked for stamps when I hand my US passport over for inspection upon re-entry into the US.
Yellow people with blue hair might come under suspicion now though, I wouldn't risk it.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 3:13 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

Yellow people with blue hair might come under suspicion now though, I wouldn't risk it.
trust me, I am not yellow or have blue hair.........
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 3:29 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

What sort of suspicion are you talking about? Using your British passport outside the US is perfectly legal!
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Elvira
What sort of suspicion are you talking about? Using your British passport outside the US is perfectly legal!
You may be right, I'd need more than your word for it though.
If I was from Missouri I'd say "show me"

Last edited by surly; Jul 22nd 2007 at 3:48 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 4:04 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

You may be right, I'd need more than your word for it though.
If I was from Missouri I'd say "show me"
Read and inwardly digest:
www.richw.org/dualcit
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:40 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

When you depart and arrive into or out of any country everything is scanned now. (when you check in at the airport to your boarding pass)
I understand what you are saying! but the airline that you have flown in on already has given your details to the arriving country port of entry they know where you have come from the lot and when they ask you how long have you been away they know but want to know if you are going to be honest with them.