Oz or USA

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

tabskitten is just really nicetabskitten is just really nicetabskitten is just really nicetabskitten is just really nicetabskitten is just really nicetabskitten is just really nicetabskitten is just really nicetabskitten is just really nice
Default Oz or USA

my fiance and i have been trying to get into Oz but the application process is daunting to say the least......
I am English, he American

My question is after your opinions and reasons for them

Where would you go......Oz or USA?
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:20 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz or USA

Originally Posted by tabskitten
my fiance and i have been trying to get into Oz but the application process is daunting to say the least......

hi,
Wouldn't it be better to tell us what it is *you're* looking for, ie why you want to go to Oz?
They're both pretty huge places.

I see you're both living in the UK now, is that right? If you get married, you can relocate to the US fairly easily, and work on your Australia migration from here. ?
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Take a read through some of the old threads in this forum. It will give you a reasonable idea why some British expats want to move back to the UK from the US and Oz.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:59 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Not something people can answer....what's better would depend on what your looking for in life.

What do you do for work, where are you currently looking for? How close to family and friends? Bothered about being stranded in the middle of no where or prefer to be close to the UK?

What do you do for work? Where would you consider in the US and Oz? Have you visited Oz?

What's the OH's status in the UK? Any thoughts to getting UK citizenship eventually before leaving the UK?
Old Mar 4th 2010, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

wordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to behold

Depends what you want to do, what sort of place you want to live, how much beer you want to drink... you're talking apples and oranges.

Oz has the more vibrant economy right now, but for a country of only 20 million people versus a country of 300 million that's not saying much (but will probably get you a job easier). Moving to a country geographically as big as Oz or the USA from lil old Britain is daunting. The US is all the more daunting if you factor in its social and political size, whereas Oz is arguably socially and politically "smaller" than the UK. Apples and oranges.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 8:44 am
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Belgium
Old Mar 4th 2010, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

tabskitten is just really nicetabskitten is just really nicetabskitten is just really nicetabskitten is just really nicetabskitten is just really nicetabskitten is just really nicetabskitten is just really nicetabskitten is just really nice

I have lived in the UK all my life- I have been feeling the last 5 years the need to try another country- the climate here is a big issue for me- suffer SAD and after this winter I cannot do another winter here for a few years!!
i just feel i need a time out from this country.
So am willing to leave a beautiful house, good business and move away for a few years - but hopefully for good.........
The worst case is we will come home- so am not really too put off, I just need to try somewhere else.

My partner works in IT so we need to get him a job before we go, I am self employed so can set up anywhere we land really.......
Old Mar 4th 2010, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

I have lived in the UK all my life- I have been feeling the last 5 years the need to try another country- the climate here is a big issue for me- suffer SAD and after this winter I cannot do another winter here for a few years!!
i just feel i need a time out from this country.
So am willing to leave a beautiful house, good business and move away for a few years - but hopefully for good.........
The worst case is we will come home- so am not really too put off, I just need to try somewhere else.

My partner works in IT so we need to get him a job before we go, I am self employed so can set up anywhere we land really.......
Sunny California?
Old Mar 4th 2010, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

We have been looking into San Fran area as it seems the IT market is more of a viable option in that area.........
Old Mar 4th 2010, 9:25 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Australia has a good job market at the moment. It's not vibrant as people think but it's decent. This is probably the only positive for Australia against America.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Can i ask why?
I am really open and interested in OPINIONS here about both countries, both good and bad.......
Old Mar 4th 2010, 10:37 am
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light

We have been looking into San Fran area as it seems the IT market is more of a viable option in that area.........
Within San Francisco the city itself, it gets very cloudy and windy all the time, as people who live in the Bay area can tell you. However, there are other areas in the Bay area that are warmer/sunnier during the year.

Southern California is a popular place as well, but it's very different from a place like say, London, Chicago, or New York. Things are very spread out, you spend a lot of time driving on freeways, and public transportation just plainly sucks.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

I am not really a city person
ideally it would be somewhere that my oh could commute into one in order to work.........
Old Mar 4th 2010, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Have you checked into Arizona?
Old Mar 4th 2010, 1:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I am not really a city person
ideally it would be somewhere that my oh could commute into one in order to work.........

You don't plan on working?

BTW your fastest way to emigrate to the US is to marry your US citizen (I hope) fiancee and apply for a spousal visa while residing in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.