Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The Oscars ... any thoughts?

The Oscars ... any thoughts?

Old Feb 28th 2005, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Oscars ... any thoughts?

I have to admit that back in the UK I would never have got excited about the Oscars..last night though, me and my expat girlfriends watched the red carpet and ceremony, bitched about most people and the amount of plastic surgery they had had..oh yes and had champagne & caviar....will definitely be repeating the performance next year!
Old Mar 1st 2005, 12:59 am
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by mediaguru
1989 Bit Awards: Sam Fox and Mick Fleetwood took over from Noel Edmunds and delivered a show that was soooo aweful it was hysterical. My whole family were on the floor crying with laughter.

http://brits.co.uk/static/pages/shows/1989+brit+awards/
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sta...ds/sammick.htm

Oh My God

I remember that, how embarassed for them were we..............

Old Mar 1st 2005, 1:04 am
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by Lottie
I have to admit that back in the UK I would never have got excited about the Oscars..last night though, me and my expat girlfriends watched the red carpet and ceremony, bitched about most people and the amount of plastic surgery they had had..oh yes and had champagne & caviar....will definitely be repeating the performance next year!

Surely, you could have enjoy your champers and fish-eggs in a much more convivial situ

As do my pals and me

Just feel totally embarassed and sick watching the whole thing

Again, just my opinion

And lets face it, and afternoon/evening with gal pals scoffing champers and cavier could make a fab day watching a hanging (very poor comparision, but couldnt be arsed thinking of anything else ,after half a bottle with my pals)

Now, onto the rest, slurp slurp

PD