Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Once an Brit...

Once an Brit...

Old Oct 5th 2005, 4:07 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Once an Brit...

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
It wouldnt be the ownership that was illegal...after all theres no gun registration anyway...it would be the carrying that was illegal with CCW.
Ahh, you're right. I used to think you had to be a resident, but most guns shops need to see a driver's licence and a utility bill I think - thats it.
So do you carry? It's on my to-do list.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 4:17 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Ahh, you're right. I used to think you had to be a resident, but most guns shops need to see a driver's licence and a utility bill I think - thats it.
So do you carry? It's on my to-do list.
I have a Florida CCW license yes.
Why do you want one? Are you in FLA?

Last edited by Angry White Pyjamas; Oct 5th 2005 at 4:20 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I have a Florida CCW license yes.
I see - what is your current weapon of choice?
Old Oct 5th 2005, 4:36 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

depends on the weather and my mood ..
http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...o=2829&cat=500
Old Oct 5th 2005, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
depends on the weather and my mood ..
http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...o=2829&cat=500
Thanks. What do you think of the J-frames? How do they compare to the SP101s?
Old Oct 5th 2005, 4:45 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

very similar ... Ruger a bit cheaper ... and I like rugers engineering ...
Old Oct 5th 2005, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
very similar ... Ruger a bit cheaper ... and I like rugers engineering ...
So if you had to choose between the wildly different SP101 (.357) and the springfield XD40 (sub compact) for a beginner, what would it be?
Old Oct 5th 2005, 4:57 pm
Ray

So if you had to choose between the wildly different SP101 (.357) and the springfield XD40 (sub compact) for a beginner, what would it be?
Will you be carrying ...
Old Oct 5th 2005, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Will you be carrying ...
Sorry, yes, these are both choices for a carry gun. I like the simplicity of the revolver, but the drawback is capacity. I had picked the sp101 (in .357mag since it will be a backwoods gun also) but I keep on hearing that the xd is the best thing since sliced bread. I want my wife to be able to enjoy it too.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 5:06 pm
Ray

Sorry, yes, these are both choices for a carry gun. I like the simplicity of the revolver, but the drawback is capacity. I had picked the sp101 (in .357mag since it will be a backwoods gun also) but I keep on hearing that the xd is the best thing since sliced bread. I want my wife to be able to enjoy it too.
The XD is actually a croatian import ..The finish leave a lot to be desired
but some like it .. a bit heavy for a carry ..
A revolver is far better than an auto for carry .. 5 or 6 capacity is enough ....
For an auto I do like the Walther PPK for carry .. very slim
Old Oct 5th 2005, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
The XD is actually a croatian import ..The finish leave a lot to be desired
but some like it .. a bit heavy for a carry ..
A revolver is far better than an auto for carry .. 5 or 6 capacity is enough ....
For an auto I do like the Walther PPK for carry .. very slim
Thanks, advice heeded
Old Oct 5th 2005, 6:17 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

I assume 90% of us here are British expats, right? So, have everyone decided to get US citizenship? Is that a practicality thing? Whatever I do here, I will always be British. Do you all feel the same?
Apologies if this has been done to death - I guess I'm the new guy (even though I apperently joined in 2002 and promptly forgot about it!).
I'm a GC holder but while I've procrastinated getting my citizenship the price just gets higher..I'm not sure if it's going to be money well spent
Old Oct 5th 2005, 6:22 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

If you plan on spending the rest of your life here, then IMO, it makes sense to become a citizen so that you can vote.

Otherwise, don't bother.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Mostly either a Kahr PM9 for pocket carry or if im wearing very lightweight clothing then a S+W J-Frame .357 in Scandium (it weighs 11oz unloaded). Just dont use hot .357 magnum rounds in it or your hand will hurt and you will miss everything.

I have a personal preference for semi-autos in 9mm hence then khar, even if its only 5+1, but the little S+W is great if you are wearing minimalist clothing. As is often the case in SE FlA

Oh and a decent folding knife. Very handy. Never leave home without it.

I have several others but they arent general carry items.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 6:58 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pigtails
If you plan on spending the rest of your life here, then IMO, it makes sense to become a citizen so that you can vote.

Otherwise, don't bother.
yeah it's gotta be worth the money...just to cancel out a Republican vote

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.