Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Once an Brit...

Wikiposts

Once an Brit...

Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:49 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Once an Brit...

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I thought he already had - he just didn't understand why people would want to carry one?
Oh maybe. Personal choice on both sides I would have thought.

How you finding Miamiville then?
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:50 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Have you flown south for the winter Limey?
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:52 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I beleive its more of a permanent transition than a snowbird like one.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Oh maybe. Personal choice on both sides I would have thought.

How you finding Miamiville then?
I'm getting used to the addressing scheme; I managed to get lost on the way home from work because I took a boulevard which went from N-S to E-W
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall....
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:56 am
Account Closed

I'm getting used to the addressing scheme; I managed to get lost on the way home from work because I took a boulevard which went from N-S to E-W
All designed to confuse the enemy in the event of an invasion.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:57 am
Account Closed

Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall....
I hope you brought your winter gear...you know, slightly longer shorts, a couple of long sleeved shirts that kind of thing? It can get pretty chilly on the 5th January you know.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I hope you brought your winter gear...you know, slightly longer shorts, a couple of long sleeved shirts that kind of thing? It can get pretty chilly on the 5th January you know.
I think I'll have to dump most of my clothes
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:01 am
Account Closed

And you may find you dont need the snow chains and shovel so much now either. Although I do find the need for sunglasses, swimshorts and light weight general beach wear can be quite high all year round.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:02 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Moving from Chicago that's at least 2/3rds of your wardrobe then
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:04 am
Account Closed

And most of the clothes in it too
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Its probably more than that; perhaps I should keep a few jumpers just in case I get chilly one winter's night..... on second thoughts, no.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:15 am

Its probably more than that; perhaps I should keep a few jumpers just in case I get chilly one winter's night..... on second thoughts, no.
Naaaa
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:15 am
Account Closed

Dont be too hasty. It did make it down to 50f in the middle of the night for 2 or 3 days last winter. Mind you it was back up in the 70's by about 9 am. And of course with the sun index not really going under 5 or 6 even in midwinter its pretty damn pleasant, what with winter being the dry season and everyday being pretty much wall to wall sunshine.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 8:07 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont be too hasty. It did make it down to 50f in the middle of the night for 2 or 3 days last winter. Mind you it was back up in the 70's by about 9 am. And of course with the sun index not really going under 5 or 6 even in midwinter its pretty damn pleasant, what with winter being the dry season and everyday being pretty much wall to wall sunshine.

Its 52 here today! Last week it was probably 102