Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Once an Brit...

Wikiposts

Once an Brit...

Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:51 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Once an Brit...

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
An L1-B; I think it was in the Patriot Act, but I'm not sure - it was 3rd party information.
Yep only citizens and GC holders can own a real gun. Of course you can have a BB gun if you like. They do make a very realistic looking Walther PPK so i beleive.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
But your GF is a US citizen maybe ...
Mmm maybe after we're married and my status is changed I'll think about it.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:52 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Yep only citizens and GC holders can own a real gun. Of course you can have a BB gun if you like. They do make a very realistic looking Walther PPK so i beleive.
Not true ... only citizens and GC holders can get a carry permit ...
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:52 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

You big pussy; you're not a man until you get frostbite.
After living down here you'll soon realise anything under 70f is considered perilously close to causing hypothermia. Honestly, by thanksgiving coats and jumpers will be all the rage.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:53 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

AOS is really quick down there ..less than 2 years now I believe ...
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:54 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

You could have your missus-to-be buy a gun for you if you want one pretty bad. Concealed carry of course is a different deal altogether.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
Not true ... only citizens and GC holders can get a carry permit ...
Hmm. I thought it was also gun ownage as well. I may well be wrong as it was immaterial to me. Im pretty sure when I bought the last one I recall a tick box on the form asking if was a non-resident alien or not.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Chorlton
You could have your missus-to-be buy a gun for you if you want one pretty bad. Concealed carry of course is a different deal altogether.

Ooh straw man deal.. Naughty naughty.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:56 am
Ray

Hmm. I thought it was also gun ownage as well. I may well be wrong as it was immaterial to me. Im pretty sure when I bought the last one I recall a tick box on the form asking if was a non-resident alien or not.
It may ask that .. but means nothing .. It is illegal for any sheriff or police dept to actually record or know what guns you have in you possession..
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:57 am

Ooh straw man deal.. Naughty naughty.

shhhhh
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I need to risk jail for one.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:58 am
Ray

Originally Posted by Ray
It may ask that .. but means nothing .. It is illegal for any sheriff or police dept to actually record or know what guns you have in you possession..
I can sell you one privately on production of your Florida driving licence
and a declaration that you are not a felon ...legally
Old Oct 5th 2005, 4:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray

True, 48 hours I think is the timelimit for destruction of purchase records. I just did the usual ticking off and signed it. Then promptly took my shiny new toy for playtime on the range.

Is it the suncoast show in Tampa on Sunday?
Old Oct 5th 2005, 4:01 am

I don't think I need to risk jail for one.

I'm not suggesting you carry someone else's gun, just borrow it from your wife for shooting. Its just like going to the range and renting a gun.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 4:04 am
Account Closed

I'm not suggesting you carry someone else's gun, just borrow it from your wife for shooting. Its just like going to the range and renting a gun.
It wouldnt be the ownership that was illegal...after all theres no gun registration anyway...it would be the carrying that was illegal with CCW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.