Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Okay...Reality check time...

Wikiposts

Okay...Reality check time...

Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:02 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Okay...Reality check time...

Originally Posted by TruBrit
what's the pledge ....and what does standing for the pledge entail?

so many new religions these days, it's hard to keep up
The people who stand up the straightest may get chosen to go on the UFO.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:10 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britvic
Pledge in front of the Flag and stand with your hand on your heart, yes even Pierce had to learn it at such a young age. LOL I know your teasing "wink wink".

omg no i didn't know, not teasing honest. poor kids, that reminds me of my friend who was a roman catholic having to recite whatever when paying her penance...
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
tks ray, never heard it before
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:27 am
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point

what's the pledge ....and what does standing for the pledge entail?

so many new religions these days, it's hard to keep up
Kinda like God Save Queenie
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:29 am
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
whereas god save queenie is all about her damn us peasants
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southern comfort
You are not forced to say any such thing in British school's.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:36 am
Account Closed

whereas god save queenie is all about her damn us peasants
nobody makes us learn God save the Queen hand on heart, from what's been said here sounds like it's pretty mandatory even from a very young age. like i said i've never heard it before so will question OH about it later.....anyway i'm no peasant, speak for yourself
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

nobody makes us learn God save the Queen hand on heart, from what's been said here sounds like it's pretty mandatory even from a very young age. like i said i've never heard it before so will question OH about it later.....anyway i'm no peasant, speak for yourself
At Military do's I will stand up out of respect, but will not recite it or have hand on my heart.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:41 am
Account Closed

actually no it isn't...God Save The Queen is our national anthem, this is a pledge and not the american national anthem.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britvic
At Military do's I will stand up out of respect, but will not recite it or have hand on my heart.

i've never even heard it........so at what age do they have to start to recite it?
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i've never even heard it........so at what age do they have to start to recite it?
Pretty sure it's taught at most school's very young, 5 year's.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:57 am
Pom tiddly pom

ali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

Let's not forget the follow on:

Honour the Texas flag, I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas one and indivisible.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ali_j
Let's not forget the follow on:

Honour the Texas flag, I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas one and indivisible.
now you are joking
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Tootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond repute

The pledge of allegience seems to me to be just the beginning of a whole process of cultural and educational indoctrination that unfortunately many Americans never break out of, completely unaware that the state even exists.

I realise it varies from area to area and my opinion's not a critism of the people anyway, probably more of a clear indication that I just cannot get to grips with the American psyche.

Quite a number of my OH's family though, who are people I am most fond of seem blissfully unaware of what is glaringly obvious to me. They are brainwashed in so many beliefs. It would be really interesting to pin down what it is that causes the differentials .. is it purely education?
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:01 am
Pom tiddly pom

ali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond repute

now you are joking
LOL! I am not kidding! I teach in Elementary schools, and we all say that too, in Texas. Some schools make you stand and listen to America the Beautiful too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.