Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Ok, this post maybe a bit different...

Ok, this post maybe a bit different...

Old May 31st 2009, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

ellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really nice
Default Re: Ok, this post maybe a bit different...

Originally Posted by Manc
I really don't think I'd have bothered, given 20/20 hindsight.
About sums it up for me as well and i haven't even been here a full year and am flying back to the UK in August!

I'm glad I got the chance to spend some time with my US family though (uncle, aunt, cousins etc) but I do wish I'd been happy enough with my life in the UK not to have left... but I needed to do this maybe so I could be happy with my life in the UK
Old Jun 1st 2009, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Phild is an unknown quantity at this point

Live in the Sierra Foothills, Wine Country. Perfect weather.

Moved here in 84. Never regretted it.

Always look forward to going home to visit. Then can`t wait to get back. Rude people, poor service. To all those; Haven`t been here a year yet. It takes a while.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

beatle2102 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know if I regret it exactly, but if I could go back and do it again, knowing what I know now, I probably wouldn't. I gained a lot in experience and knowledge of the world beyond Sydney's beachy shores, but I'm not entirely convinced that I gained more than I lost.
That said, I'm still here over 15 years later, and I'm pretty sure I live in one of the best cities in the world, so it could be worse.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldnt change a thing. It hasnt always been easy, jobs come and go, but thankfully we've always been able to find work. My family is spread far and wide but with the www we can keep in touch.
I've been lucky to live in beautiful Michigan and Alaska is awesome!

Jan

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing" (Helen Keller)
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to say right now. I moved for work 15 months ago. Professionally, it was the right move for me. I probably wouldn't have any regrets if it wasn't for the fact that my mum is terminally ill right now - I really feel like I should be there to spend whatever time she has left, but I am stuck now in work and school.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

JulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really nice

Moved to NYC 13 years ago through an inter-company transfer and I wouldn't change a thing. I love it here and feel much more comfortable here than I ever did in London, my home town. (Why? No idea.)

I do miss good British pub grub though
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 7:01 pm
Wishful thinking...

radion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to behold

This is really good, peeps coming on here I haven't seen before, thank you all for making the effort on this post, very interesting stuff indeed.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

louisejhart is an unknown quantity at this point

I arrived in northern Nevada for 2 months in July 2007. After a brief return to Europe to get a visa, I returned & lived there for a year. I can't believe how much I fell in love with the area & the people.

I had travelled in the States before, but the distances still stagger me. It's 2.5 HOURS to Reno (the nearest city) for decent food & clothes shopping. Which, if you've seen Reno 911, that's NOT a good thing!

It would be great to say that I wish I had done it sooner, but then I may not have met my husband or friends. The "small town" living suits me, and I have to say, I do get a kick out of being the only Brit for a couple of hundred miles. I find it tricky to explain, but my love for all things British is FAR stronger when I'm in the US. I haven't been to the UK since October 2007, but at the moment, even the idea of having to live there again fills me with horror