Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

A newbie, feeling lost!

A newbie, feeling lost!

Old Dec 21st 2005, 4:58 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A newbie, feeling lost!

Originally Posted by CitySimon
In my previous job I was making calls to people to set up meetings for our sales staff to come out. I had people saying that they'd book with me if I say things like "This is Simon Cowell and you're watching American Idol!"...etc...

Muppets!

When I'm really pissed off with the service or whatever, I do a Margot... (from the Good Life). It seems to intimidate people; I wonder why?
Old Dec 21st 2005, 5:01 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by CitySimon
In my previous job I was making calls to people to set up meetings for our sales staff to come out. I had people saying that they'd book with me if I say things like "This is Simon Cowell and you're watching American Idol!"...etc...

Muppets!
I did customer service on the phones for a while in my prvious job - people from the UK would call up and think they were talking to someone in London ! LOLOLOL......
Old Dec 21st 2005, 5:05 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
I did customer service on the phones for a while in my prvious job - people from the UK would call up and think they were talking to someone in London ! LOLOLOL......

Part of my work involves interviewing 'important' people on the phone. Flatters them no end when they think that I'm calling from London. (I don't atcually say that, of course, but if they just assume... )
Old Dec 21st 2005, 5:09 pm

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by Elvira
Part of my work involves interviewing 'important' people on the phone. Flatters them no end when they think that I'm calling from London. (I don't atcually say that, of course, but if they just assume... )
So, since I've never been interviewed by a woman from CA witha a London accent, does that mean I'm not important ?
Old Dec 21st 2005, 5:10 pm
Homebody

So, since I've never been interviewed by a woman from CA witha a London accent, does that mean I'm not important ?

You can always be self-important!
Old Dec 21st 2005, 5:11 pm

You can always be self-important!
LOLOL... I'll try that instead then !

which part of the smog are you from back home ?
Old Dec 21st 2005, 5:13 pm
Homebody

LOLOL... I'll try that instead then !

which part of the smog are you from back home ?

Green and leafy Putney.

No smog.

Except in winter, when the locals are huddled around their illegal wooden fires...
Old Dec 21st 2005, 5:17 pm

Green and leafy Putney.

No smog.

Except in winter, when the locals are huddled around their illegal wooden fires...
LMAO !!!!!!!!!!! I used to work on the river up there !..... small world.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 5:17 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Green and leafy Putney.
No smog.
I don't remember Putney bridge road bing green and leafy ..
Old Dec 21st 2005, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
the embankment used to be... I'm sure there were trees somewhere else too
Old Dec 21st 2005, 5:22 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by Ray

Nor is the High Street. or the Lower Richmond Road. or Wandsworth High Street :scared:

But then there's Montserrat, and Fawe Park, and Hotham, and Langside and and and...

Definitely one of the best places to live in London. But I'm probably biased.

So what are the best roads in London, Ontario, then?
Old Dec 21st 2005, 5:23 pm
Homebody

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!! I used to work on the river up there !..... small world.

What, by the boat houses?
Old Dec 21st 2005, 5:24 pm

What, by the boat houses?
Yep - I used to sell boats nad we'd do work for the rowing clubs on their stuff too.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 5:30 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

But then there's Montserrat, and Fawe Park, and Hotham, and Langside and and and...
So what are the best roads in London, Ontario, then?
I remember the brothel in Montserrat road

Never been to London Ontario
Old Dec 21st 2005, 5:32 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by Ray
I remember the brothel in Montserrat road

Never been to London Ontario

Shshshshsh - it's an osteopath downstairs, and a Chinese herbalist/masseuse upstairs!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.