Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

A newbie, feeling lost!

A newbie, feeling lost!

Old Dec 19th 2005, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

Lostman has a brilliant futureLostman has a brilliant futureLostman has a brilliant futureLostman has a brilliant futureLostman has a brilliant futureLostman has a brilliant futureLostman has a brilliant future
Default A newbie, feeling lost!

Hello everyone,

Well I have just moved to Oklahoma about 3 months ago on a k1 visa, just filing for green card now and work permit.

I was just wondering if anyone came to the USA to be with their girlfriend and marry her and if they suffered from homesickness, feeling of regret, sadness and worry that they made the wrong choice, especially as things are made harder by not being able to work etc. Well I feel like that and worry everyday about my decision! Is this normal?

Thanks!
Old Dec 19th 2005, 10:42 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A newbie, feeling lost!

Originally Posted by Lostman
Hello everyone,

Well I have just moved to Oklahoma about 3 months ago on a k1 visa, just filing for green card now and work permit.

I was just wondering if anyone came to the USA to be with their girlfriend and marry her and if they suffered from homesickness, feeling of regret, sadness and worry that they made the wrong choice, especially as things are made harder by not being able to work etc. Well I feel like that and worry everyday about my decision! Is this normal?

Thanks!

Normal on this board; abnormal elsewhere. Welcome, BTW!
Old Dec 19th 2005, 10:45 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Tell her you need more sex to get out of this depression. Worked for me.
Old Dec 19th 2005, 10:46 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

Thanks!
Absolutely normal! There are loads of people on here who have done precisely what you have (and women who have come over to be with their menfolk as well).

Try to separate your feelings of missing home from your feelings towards your girlfriend. It's easy to confuse the two and end up harbouring resentments towards her.

However, if you really feel that you can't make the US your home (3 months is not a long time to make that decision in, but I know the K1 visa doesn't give you an awfully long time to think about it) maybe the two of you could consider making the move to the UK?

Welcome to the board anyhow!
Old Dec 19th 2005, 10:46 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

Thanks!

Welcome - just keep busy. I fixed up my house and yard while i couldnt work. Keep in touch with the Uk peeps and maybe plan your next trip there with the missus to be
Old Dec 19th 2005, 10:49 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman

And look where/what it got you!!

Auditioning for the Trapp Family Revival Tour yet?
Old Dec 19th 2005, 10:50 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Elvira
And look where/what it got you!!

Auditioning for the Trapp Family Revival Tour yet?
Von?
Old Dec 19th 2005, 10:51 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

Thanks!
Hi!

This board - and the Lounge - are probably as good a place to hang out as any.

Particulalry if you're stuck in Oklahoma!!
Old Dec 19th 2005, 10:51 pm
Homebody

Von?

Entschuldigung Herr Baron!

Yours

(Donna) Elvira...
Old Dec 19th 2005, 11:00 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

It worked for me as well, I just didn't tell the wife
Old Dec 19th 2005, 11:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ScousePete
It worked for me as well, I just didn't tell the wife

You slut!!
Old Dec 19th 2005, 11:11 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!
Pull yourself together Man ..stop being a bleedin wimp ...
Just remember
There's a bright, golden haze on the meadow
There's a bright, golden haze on the meadow.
The corn is as high as an elephant's eye
And it looks like it's climbing clear up to the sky
Old Dec 19th 2005, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Hallo Lostman Welcome to Expats, just read it will bring a smile, so meny of us have gone through your pain and this time of year is the worst for me anyway. Chin up mate.
Old Dec 19th 2005, 11:21 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by Ray
Pull yourself together Man ..stop being a bleedin wimp ...
Just remember
There's a bright, golden haze on the meadow
There's a bright, golden haze on the meadow.
The corn is as high as an elephant's eye
And it looks like it's climbing clear up to the sky

To Lostman:

Ray is our resident poet. Just wait till he starts quoting Robbie Burns!

Be aware though, that he owns several GUNS and, from what I hear - and the souls of scores of squirrels can attest to that - he knows how to use them... :scared:
Old Dec 19th 2005, 11:24 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
To Lostman:

Ray is our resident poet. Just wait till he starts quoting Robbie Burns!

Be aware though, that he owns several GUNS and, from what I hear - and the souls of scores of squirrels can attest to that - he knows how to use them... :scared:
Are you suggesting the wimp commits suicide ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.