Wikiposts

need legal advice

Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:24 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: need legal advice

Originally Posted by sugarcoated
ok thanks.
think awp's definition is better lol however i was referring to united states citizen not that it makes a difference what country the thief is from.
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USBound
You guys are assholes sometimes.

someone comes on here asking for advice and you in your infinite wisdom act as judge and jury in what can only be called a witchhunt.

if the OP wants to ACTUAL Advice in this area PM me, I've been through it and know what its like.
The OP asked for legal advice ... Any PM would be considered legal adice ...
You better be a Lawyer then ..UPL ..is a dangerous game ...

PS ..call me an asshole and be ready for war .......
PS ..you pay you bleedin bills as well!!!
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

someone comes on here asking for advice and you in your infinite wisdom act as judge and jury in what can only be called a witchhunt.

if the OP wants to ACTUAL Advice in this area PM me, I've been through it and know what its like.
Assholes?

Someone comes on asking for advice on how to commit fraud and you call *us* assholes?
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sugarcoated
but they havent gone bankrupt..they have just ran away owing money
that wasn't my point.

I mentioned that only to provide a better understanding of what the bank in question is actually doing.

The don't sell the debt itself but the right to recover it.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
The OP asked for legal advice ... Any PM would be considered legal adice ...
I said I'd give advice based on having been through this myself, not that I'd provide LEGAL advice

Originally Posted by Ray
PS ..call me an asshole and be ready for war .......
PS ..you pay you bleedin bills as well!!!
if you think I called you an asshole them obviously you think you said something to deserve it?
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

My wife left the Uk moving back the the U.S. She left her unpaid loan in the U.K and she is now getting letters to her in the U.S saying they are going to pass to a collection agency. My question is , if she has left the country will they be able to collect the debt ?
I fail to see which part of this asks for "how to commit fraud"
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:30 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

The thread reads "need legal advice"

OK my legal advice is to pay the debt and dont try dodging it. Thats legal advise not illegal advice.

If that makes me an asshole for not telling the OP how to avoid it, so be it.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Well so far all we can see is someone running up debts and fleeing the country and now she doesn't want to pay them off.

Now call me old fashioned, but every responsible adult pays their debts.

If there was a reason she wasn't going to pay them, i.e. she was unemployed, I'm sure we'd have heard it already.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kate2112
The thread reads "need legal advice"

OK my legal advice is to pay the debt and dont try dodging it. Thats legal advise not illegal advice.

If that makes me an asshole for not telling the OP how to avoid it, so be it.
the only question asked was
if she has left the country will they be able to collect the debt ?
the answer is yes.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I'm sure we'd have heard it already.
of course... in between the random slurs I'm sure the OP REALLY wants to offer up more info.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:35 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

of course... in between the random slurs I'm sure the OP REALLY wants to offer up more info.

yeah like how he's gonna pay it off for her now he's got a job

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=145
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:41 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

I fail to see which part of this asks for "how to commit fraud"
It is implied intent. She deliberately left the UK knowing she had unpaid debts and now is seeking advice on whether or not she will be caught for those unpaid debts. If she intended to pay the debts the question asked would not be "Can they catch me" but "How can I pay this off".

I could use the OPs statement to build a case for the crime of conspiracy to commit fraud without much difficulty.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
It is implied intent. She deliberately left the UK knowing she had unpaid debts and now is seeking advice on whether or not she will be caught for those unpaid debts. If she intended to pay the debts the question asked would not be "Can they catch me" but "How can I pay this off".

I could use the OPs statement to build a case for the crime of conspiracy to commit fraud without much difficulty.
and she could get it thrown out in about 5 seconds simply by saying... i didn't have the money to pay it at the time and the US offered a more obvious way to get that money. Circumstances changed and I was unable to honor the debts even with the change of country.

all gone... AWP suddenly has no case.

trust me, been there... had exactly that accused and said exactly that to get it thrown out.... it helps sometimes when its the truth and not just angry venting.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:47 am
Account Closed

and she could get it thrown out in about 5 seconds simply by saying... i didn't have the money to pay it at the time and the US offered a more obvious way to get that money. Circumstances changed and I was unable to honor the debts even with the change of country.

all gone... AWP suddenly has no case.

trust me, been there... had exactly that accused and said exactly that to get it thrown out.... it helps sometimes when its the truth and not just angry venting.

Did I say a case of fraud or a case of conspiracy to commit? The crime is not the original one but the now intent to avoid payments. Be careful. When someone you dont know asks for LEGAL advice on a public forum.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Did I say a case of fraud or a case of conspiracy to commit? The crime is not the original one but the now intent to avoid payments. Be careful. When someone you dont know asks for LEGAL advice on a public forum.

legal advice and advice based on experience are VERY different things... I'm guessing from your diatribe you're a lawyer... figures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.