Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving Money From Uk to NY USA

Moving Money From Uk to NY USA

Old Jun 12th 2012, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

parkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to all
Default Moving Money From Uk to NY USA

I'll be brief.
So I had sold my property in the Uk & became a perm resident here in NY 2011.
I recently set up an account with Moneycorp to transfer funds >50k from the Uk to here to enable us to eventually put down a deposit on a property, but today I was sent an email telling me that Moneycorp no longer deals with NY state residents!!
Is this true? If so what are my best options now.
I literally did the same with HIFX and then they stopped doing transactions to the USA altogether.
I am a troubled Englishmen in NY, but not an illegal alien!
Many thanks.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 2:28 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Money From Uk to NY USA

Originally Posted by parkzy
I'll be brief.
I recently set up an account with Moneycorp to transfer funds >50k from the Uk to here to enable us to eventually put down a deposit on a property, but today I was sent an email telling me that Moneycorp no longer deals with NY state residents!!
Is this true? If so what are my best options now.
I literally did the same with HIFX and then they stopped doing transactions to the USA altogether.
I am a troubled Englishmen in NY, but not an illegal alien!
Many thanks.
Who sent the email? What reason did they give?
Old Jun 12th 2012, 2:56 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

try xe.com ? Though first I've read about this being a problem for NY, have NY made any new and weird changes to law? Able to get them to give a specific reason to this?
Old Jun 12th 2012, 3:25 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by parkzy
I'll be brief.
Is this true?
From what Sarah Davie wrote here (she works for Moneycorp) that does appear to be the case for the time being.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 4:18 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Please keep us advised if you become aware of some legislation change, or if some interpretation has changed!

After the fact does not help much....
Old Jun 12th 2012, 12:11 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
Please keep us advised if you become aware of some legislation change, or if some interpretation has changed!

After the fact does not help much....
Who are you directing your post to?
Old Jun 12th 2012, 1:12 pm
BE Irregular

Originally Posted by Sue
Who are you directing your post to?
When I typed it, I had you in mind - probably incorrect!
Old Jun 12th 2012, 5:14 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Originally Posted by RICH
When I typed it, I had you in mind - probably incorrect!
That's why I'm confused I don't know the first thing about that sort of stuff, I just recalled reading Sarah's post the other day and thought it would help the OP.

Glad we've cleared that up