British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Moving Money From Uk to NY USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/moving-money-uk-ny-usa-761425/)

parkzy Jun 12th 2012 2:08 am

Moving Money From Uk to NY USA
 
I'll be brief.
So I had sold my property in the Uk & became a perm resident here in NY 2011.
I recently set up an account with Moneycorp to transfer funds >50k from the Uk to here to enable us to eventually put down a deposit on a property, but today I was sent an email telling me that Moneycorp no longer deals with NY state residents!!
Is this true? If so what are my best options now.
I literally did the same with HIFX and then they stopped doing transactions to the USA altogether.
I am a troubled Englishmen in NY, but not an illegal alien!
Many thanks. :fingerscrossed:

RICH Jun 12th 2012 2:28 am

Re: Moving Money From Uk to NY USA
 

Originally Posted by parkzy (Post 10113746)
I'll be brief.
So I had sold my property in the Uk & became a perm resident here in NY 2011.
I recently set up an account with Moneycorp to transfer funds >50k from the Uk to here to enable us to eventually put down a deposit on a property, but today I was sent an email telling me that Moneycorp no longer deals with NY state residents!!
Is this true? If so what are my best options now.
I literally did the same with HIFX and then they stopped doing transactions to the USA altogether.
I am a troubled Englishmen in NY, but not an illegal alien!
Many thanks. :fingerscrossed:

Who sent the email? What reason did they give?

Bob Jun 12th 2012 2:56 am

Re: Moving Money From Uk to NY USA
 
try xe.com ? Though first I've read about this being a problem for NY, have NY made any new and weird changes to law? Able to get them to give a specific reason to this?

Sue Jun 12th 2012 3:25 am

Re: Moving Money From Uk to NY USA
 

Originally Posted by parkzy (Post 10113746)
I'll be brief.
So I had sold my property in the Uk & became a perm resident here in NY 2011.
I recently set up an account with Moneycorp to transfer funds >50k from the Uk to here to enable us to eventually put down a deposit on a property, but today I was sent an email telling me that Moneycorp no longer deals with NY state residents!!
Is this true?

From what Sarah Davie wrote here (she works for Moneycorp) that does appear to be the case for the time being.

RICH Jun 12th 2012 4:18 am

Re: Moving Money From Uk to NY USA
 
Please keep us advised if you become aware of some legislation change, or if some interpretation has changed!

After the fact does not help much....:)

Sue Jun 12th 2012 12:11 pm

Re: Moving Money From Uk to NY USA
 

Originally Posted by RICH (Post 10113853)
Please keep us advised if you become aware of some legislation change, or if some interpretation has changed!

After the fact does not help much....:)

Who are you directing your post to?

RICH Jun 12th 2012 1:12 pm

Re: Moving Money From Uk to NY USA
 

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 10114420)
Who are you directing your post to?

When I typed it, I had you in mind - probably incorrect!:o

Sue Jun 12th 2012 5:14 pm

Re: Moving Money From Uk to NY USA
 

Originally Posted by RICH (Post 10114553)
When I typed it, I had you in mind - probably incorrect!:o

That's why I'm confused :D I don't know the first thing about that sort of stuff, I just recalled reading Sarah's post the other day and thought it would help the OP.

Glad we've cleared that up :lol:


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:40 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.