Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to Boston

Moving to Boston

Old Oct 10th 2009, 10:43 am
Just Joined

samether1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Boston

Hi we're moving to Boston in January with 2 sports mad boys aged 10 and 8 - any comments on commutable suburbs with good schools west of Boston? Thanks
Old Oct 11th 2009, 1:41 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Boston

oooh ooh - I know you x x x x

oooh soz - now yr prob really disappointed that you came on and saw a response to yr post and twas only me ! c see ya soon xxx

oi and where's my referral stat eh?
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:39 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
oooh ooh - I know you x x x x

oooh soz - now yr prob really disappointed that you came on and saw a response to yr post and twas only me ! c see ya soon xxx

oi and where's my referral stat eh?
I knew it.. you're working that free toaster scam for bringing in new members, aren't you?
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:34 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
I knew it.. you're working that free toaster scam for bringing in new members, aren't you?
Dam - caught!!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:40 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Dam - caught!!
oops, should have moved this the first time.

samether1, you should probably let us know what visa type but perhaps the posters after me will accept that you do have one.

I have moved this thread from meet-ups to the more appropriate forum.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 11:06 pm
half a century

oops, should have moved this the first time.

samether1, you should probably let us know what visa type but perhaps the posters after me will accept that you do have one.

I have moved this thread from meet-ups to the more appropriate forum.
I know her hubby has a job and appropriate visa - but she wont be able to work (?) !
Old Oct 13th 2009, 11:10 pm

I know her hubby has a job and appropriate visa - but she wont be able to work (?) !
Ahh, Devil's Visa. She will need the love and support of our Mass members then.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 11:11 pm
half a century

Ahh, Devil's Visa. She will need the love and support of our Mass members then.
Yes please look after her - she is my best and oldest UK mate.

Come on peeps -suggetsions of where to live . . .
Old Oct 14th 2009, 12:03 am

Bob's your Boston connection; he'll be along shortly I'm sure.

Here are some to get you started:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=486480
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=631322
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=629407
Old Oct 14th 2009, 12:59 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Look - really don't want to get OT - but what's with the ginger pussy?
Old Oct 14th 2009, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by tonrob
Look - really don't want to get OT - but what's with the ginger pussy?
It's her Halloween wig!

I can't believe I forgot to put the wiki link for Boston: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...tts_City_Guide
Old Oct 14th 2009, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

This is the best site I have found for researching schools in different States/areas, they have reviews written by parents/teachers/students and a rating for each school. They will usually have some info on school sports too

Good luck and welcome to BE

http://www.greatschools.net/
Old Oct 14th 2009, 5:22 pm
Boston Sep 15th

starky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud of

Not sure about schools etc, however I will give you one bit of advise, bring lots of warm clothes, or better still buy them as soon as you get here! (prob cheapest option) Its freezing here in Jan, I had my first winter last year and it was a real eye opener as to how cold it can actually get. On the plus side your sons will love it when its snowing like there no tomorrow. MA gets all the seasons, its hard to believe in Jan when there is a foot of snow on the ground that it will ever get warm, but it can get up to 30 deg. cel in the summer and more. Good luck with the move!