Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to America, Trouble deciding where!!!

Moving to America, Trouble deciding where!!!

Old Mar 7th 2011, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to America, Trouble deciding where!!!

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad

Are Indians connoiseurs of chinese food as well, then?
Thought you might call me out on that one. Generally, like you, I distrust a restaurant when none of the patrons are of the same background as the ethnicity of the cuisine (and I particularly distrust a chef who is not of that background!)

Around here, it's what I like to call "Ohio Chinese". Fill in your state of choice.

Still, we're likely kidding ourselves if we think it's authentic!
Old Mar 7th 2011, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it usually at this point that the OP returns and says "OMG your all horrible all I wont is to move too America, it should be easy then this".
Old Mar 7th 2011, 3:41 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Isn't it usually at this point that the OP returns and says "OMG your all horrible all I wont is to move too America, it should be easy then this".

OMG you are all horrible, all I want is to move to America, it should be easier than this...!

Whoops, I'm already here...darn it!
Old Mar 7th 2011, 6:11 pm
Banned

Volt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
and I particularly distrust a chef who is not of that background!
And one who is skinny.

Last edited by Volt61; Mar 7th 2011 at 6:27 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 6:13 pm
Banned

Volt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by md95065
When asked where would be a good place to live in the US I normally recommend Woodside ...
Do I need to bring my passport though?
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Volt61
Do I need to bring my passport though?
All my local Indian restaurants serve mostly the British Indian-style food. I thought I would at least get a more authentic Indian meal than I did in the UK but they seem to cater more towards the British expats! Even my grocery store sells Chicken Tikka Massala and Patak sauces. Looks like I'm going to have to go to India to see what a proper curry tastes like. Either that or pluck up the courage to revisit the Indian market that is run by a crazy woman.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Come on. People were moving to the US in EastEnders all the time. It must be easy.