Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Milupa Aptamil - Baby Milk Formula

Milupa Aptamil - Baby Milk Formula

Old Mar 25th 2013, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

McZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Milupa Aptamil - Baby Milk Formula

Originally Posted by GeoffM
Excellent! Well done and welcome.
Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Congratulations on your arrival!

Did you remember to bring the gripe water?
Many thanks guys.

Yes I did bring the gripe water, also bought the 'nursery water' from the Walgreen - noticed wifey boiling that this morning!

The transition to American products/brands will take some time but am glad the kids didn't moan about the bread - we bought safeway's wholemeal. Stupidly spent 10mins trying to figure what spread to buy as couldn't find 'Flora' - we just make things far too complicated- We signed off the bizarre shopping trip with the a 20min decision to select the milk we would buy going forward, Ridiculous!! (Hate the XXXL bottle size, it's too intimidating lol)
Old Mar 26th 2013, 12:33 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by McZaki

The transition to American products/brands will take some time but am glad the kids didn't moan about the bread - we bought safeway's wholemeal. Stupidly spent 10mins trying to figure what spread to buy as couldn't find 'Flora' - we just make things far too complicated- We signed off the bizarre shopping trip with the a 20min decision to select the milk we would buy going forward, Ridiculous!! (Hate the XXXL bottle size, it's too intimidating lol)
Everyone goes through that in some form, whether it's dish soap, margarine or pit stick.

It's one of those things you don't even really think about until you do your grocery shop and don't know what to get as you've not lived with the brands etc
Old Dec 13th 2013, 7:48 am
Just Joined

getrudedude is an unknown quantity at this point

hi everyone. i don't usually post on forums but i found this thread so helpful when we were in the usa, now that we're back home in the UK, I thought i would pay back in kind and add my two pence worth. we were on holiday in the US for a couple of weeks and unbelievably, i didn't pack enough Aptamil. Of all the things!!! Prices to get the stuff couriered over were reeeedonkulous. i asked a friend of mine who'd been in the US for a while which formula brand was the best and she said Similac. So i ended up buying Similac Advance (i think there were quite a few to choose from but i chose the birth to 12 months product, thought that would keep things simple!). it's made by Abbott, blue packaging, in a tin. Anyway, important thing was my little one didn't notice a difference and bottles got drained as usual. There was a good selection in Publix and I'm pretty sure Target sells Similac also, but I can't remember. Hope this is helpful for anyone in a tight spot.