Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Milupa Aptamil - Baby Milk Formula

Milupa Aptamil - Baby Milk Formula

Old Mar 14th 2013, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Milupa Aptamil - Baby Milk Formula

I have to say breastfeeding is a lot easier.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 9:53 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
Although there is some controversy about sodium fluoride added in the small amounts to water in many cities, there is no proven evidence that it is harmful to the body and is likely more helpful than harmful.
I had vague recollections of hearing that it wasn't good for babies to consume but I may be thinking of something else.

For the rest of us - it's fine, I'm not in the least bit worried.

Originally Posted by Michael
Of course if you are a John Bircher, then adding sodium fluoride to city water is a communist plot.
Yes, communists are famous for wanting everyone to have good teeth

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
It is if you have breasts, yes ...

It isn't an option for everyone, though. My wife couldn't, she's on medications that would cross into the milk, so that was out for us. Formula is fine, as is the majority of the water one can dissolve it in. I was formula fed and look at me ...
Old Mar 14th 2013, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
It is if you have breasts, yes ...

It isn't an option for everyone, though. My wife couldn't, she's on medications that would cross into the milk, so that was out for us. Formula is fine, as is the majority of the water one can dissolve it in. I was formula fed and look at me ...
I just like to plug it when I can.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 10:00 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I just like to plug it when I can.
There's a joke in there somewhere ...
Old Mar 14th 2013, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
There's a joke in there somewhere ...
Old Mar 14th 2013, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Dad can't do anything so he can go back to bed!

But yes, right temperature, there when you need it, no mixing or messy bottles, free, and the right balance of everything. My mum couldn't breastfeed any of her kids but my wife's done both our kids. I knew a friend who was really upset that she wasn't able to breastfeed.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

But it can cause similar problems to different formulas and can possibly also cause bacterial problems.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/37...o-breast-milk/

Last edited by Michael; Mar 14th 2013 at 10:13 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 10:14 pm
I have a comma problem

Yeah, that's about the effect I was going for
Old Mar 14th 2013, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of

Our son had to switch to Similac Alimentum for protein sensitivity, it sorted out his fussiness but at nearly $500 a month for 2 months until our health insurance took up the cost had me crying for a while!
Old Mar 14th 2013, 10:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Similac/Enfamil etc, they're basically all the same, with different options, folic acid, lactose, etc, etc, etc.

Check the own brand stuff too because it's mostly the same. The BJ's own brand is the same as the regular Enfamil, but it's more than half the cost for almost double the amount of powder.

Plus as soon as you start buying crap at Babies RUS, you'll get coupons.

Also go to those stores and ask for samples, you'll get a couple of each. Also ask your doctors and chances are you'll get some. We got a box full of tubs.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

If you are able to.

My wife had quite a few issues and in the end she managed but didn't really produce enough. My little guy ended up being 50:50 breast and formula. Now at just past nine months he decided to self wean himself so he's just formula now and enjoying solids like a champ too.

Started off on Enfamil as that was the free sample the pediatrician had but he had spit up issues so we changed to Gerber Good Start which seemed much better, something to do with hydrolized proteins being easier for him.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

Breast is best, and it's so much easier to just whip out the boob when the baby cries! But not everyone can do it I understand that. I'm very proud of having breastfed my kids but have to admit I don't miss it! We used formula gradually from about 8 months. My youngest still loved her bottle when she was 2, she was getting too addicted so the "bottle fairy" had to come take it away and leave presents for her.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

McZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond repute

Just an update, I end up bringing 25 boxes of Aptamil (900g each) - no issues at SFO, didn't declare that on the blue form however asked the officer on the ground if I need to and he said the baby milk formula is fine and I don't need to declare anything, I'm glad the kid is sorted for the next 3 months
Old Mar 26th 2013, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent! Well done and welcome.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 4:37 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by McZaki
Just an update, I end up bringing 25 boxes of Aptamil (900g each) - no issues at SFO, didn't declare that on the blue form however asked the officer on the ground if I need to and he said the baby milk formula is fine and I don't need to declare anything, I'm glad the kid is sorted for the next 3 months
Congratulations on your arrival!

Did you remember to bring the gripe water?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.