Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Merits of British men vs American men?

Wikiposts

Merits of British men vs American men?

Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:21 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question Merits of British men vs American men?

I was reading the thread about 'Best Places to Live in the USA' and a couple of American ladies who posted on it mentioned that there seems to be quite a few British guys whose spouses are American who post here (not so many vice-versa).

One of them actually said "Aren't British guys just the BEST"?!

Well, I'm an Englishwoman married to an Englishman and I wouldn't swap him for the world.....

....but I do have a couple of questions for you American ladies out there as I haven't been able to compare and I'm curious:

What is or was it about your British guy which appealed to you? In general, did you find that they differ in character/personality to some/most American males? Or is there little or no difference really? Pros and Cons? (dish the dirt if you like LOL!)

Would you ever consider upping sticks and relocating to the UK (or any other country) if that's what your spouse wanted to do....or is leaving the US non-negotiable?

(British guys - I know you're reading this post, so even if your wives/fiancees don't normally post on the board, do ask them their opinion and post their replies here!)
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Merits of British men vs American men?

I'm the American part of our British/American union. I originally found BE when we lived in the UK and found it very informative for all of my questions on visas, etc on moving to the US. We had lived in the UK prior and after our marriage for 5.5 years, until it was necessary to move back to the US for family reasons. My British husband had never lived in the US prior to this, although we've had numerous "holidays" (you really can't call them holidays when you're visiting family ) here.

I've been married previously, so I have had an American husband and a British one. I prefer my British husband, not because he's British, but just because he's an honest and loving man. I can't really compare British to American, probably because my first marriage was so disasterious. I don't find that you can compare one set of cultures against another. Men are men, women are women. Yes they are different because of their cultures....but that isn't necessarily going to make a good relationship or make one better than the other.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:59 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm.....we're just so cute
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:03 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
Hmmmm.....we're just so cute
and we are so modest (and have bigger nobs)
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
and we are so modest (and have bigger nobs)
We're talking butter, right?
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:04 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

and have bigger nobs
I think it's the sophisticated wit that does it for them.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
We're talking butter, right?

butter is part of it - yes
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by elfman

thats why benny hill is so popular here
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman

Yeah right and their never ending optimism.Can I be the first to apologise for my husbands childish behaviour.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by woodsey
husbands childish behaviour.
You too? I thought my husband was the only one....

I personally married my British husband for his knob of butter.....and will go no futher with that one than that!
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:13 am
Account Closed

Yeah right and their never ending optimism.Can I be the first to apologise for my husbands childish behaviour.

hmmmm

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...postcount=3777
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

yes, but this was a serious thread, I want an American husband please..
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:20 am
Account Closed

I want an American husband please..

feel free !

I will now leave this thread - my work here is done
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

feel free !

I will now leave this thread - my work here is done
I'm laughing so much I have tears..
Old Mar 11th 2005, 12:58 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I've had both an American and a British husband and it's true, it is the personality not the nationality. The two of them are as different as night and day in that regard.
I'm not sure what attracted my Brit to me. He says it was me not because (or in spite of, ) me being a Yank. I think he might cringe sometimes when I call a spade a spade. However it is interesting to me that it is usually left to me to complain about service or when there's a problem with something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.