Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Lost Green card

Wikiposts

Lost Green card

Old Jun 11th 2007, 12:47 am
British New Yorker

veronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost Green card

Originally Posted by Pony
It is how the small towns get income. Every trip I ever made from my home in Texas through a small town would result in passing a motorist being booked for speeding. Get a good radar detector. It must have a several mile range though. The cops only activate the radar as they spot each vehicle. So your detector will pick up motorist being 'zapped' miles down the road and warn you to watch your speed. The safest thing is to stick to the limit; although a 100 mile stretch of straight road through the desert, posted at 55MPH is difficult to adhere to when your the only thing on the road for miles . . .

Presenting a UK drivers license is not always a guarantee of a free ride. One smarter than average cop ran my licenese plates and found my Jeep was registered to me, he then put two and two together (difficult for some) and did a search on that name at that address to find I also had a Texas license
None of my friends got away with it. at least having their documents saves an EXTRA fine I am sure it has changed now but in the 70's when they were hauled over in the middle of nowhere they were given the choice of paying a huge fine on the spot OR going to the local slammer to wait till the judge came round (usually they were told about 2 or 3 days) they just paid up.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 1:03 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Polk county ... bastards

Rednecks without anything to do - what do you expect?
Old Jun 11th 2007, 1:10 am
British New Yorker

veronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Rednecks without anything to do - what do you expect?
After all these years Roddy swears those two cops materialised from nowhere
Old Jun 11th 2007, 2:17 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Polk county ... bastards
Well the last thing you want is people speeding to state executions at Stark and killing innocents