Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Long Beach - Oakland

Long Beach - Oakland

Old Mar 21st 2010, 9:01 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long Beach - Oakland

Originally Posted by md95065
Depending on exactly where you will be you might also consider flying out of Burbank.

There really isn't much difference - it's 30 minute on BART from SFO to Montgomery Street and 20 minutes from OAK.
That and the BART doesn't actually go to OAK - you have to get a bus shuttle from OAK to the Colliseum station a few miles away, whilst the BART is right in SFO.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 11:22 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Orange County - SFO is $49 one way if you buy in advance on VirginAmerica. So $100 roundtrip.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys. much appreciated.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 10:03 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by E3only
Thanks guys. much appreciated.
You know you could drive it would be cheap and then you would have a car to use to get about in, I have driven it its easy and fun.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
You know you could drive it would be cheap and then you would have a car to use to get about in, I have driven it its easy and fun.
Car - phew!

I am traveling North Cali within 2 days of arriving into the States. I am nervous starter so I guess I won't have enough time to get used to driving on the wrong side of the road!! I freaks me out My worst thought would be I smash into someone. Of course I can have insurance or whatever but these days there are just too many id*ot drivers out there.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 1:16 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Surely the easiest and cheapest and most flexible option would be to go with Southwest.

LAX or Burbank to either SFO or Oakland. Easy peasy
I like flying into Oakland when I have business in San Francisco. It tends to be cheaper and BART and AirBART are quite easy. The tickets tend to be less.

I have had good experience with both SouthWest and JetBlue. I remember a flight I took from Long Beach to JFK and back. It was a long drive down to Long Beach for me, but parking was cheap -- and "remote lot" was within walking distance of the terminal! It departed at 7:30 a.m. so the coastal fog was in place -- felt like the airport in Casablanca. The plague honoring Douglas "Wong Way" Corrigan was a delight. [He had a planned Long Beach to New York to Long Beach flight. The "return" flight ended in Ireland due to a combination of bad weather and a reciprocal misreading of the compass].

Walking out onto the tarmac I really expected to see a Ford Tri-Motor sitting there!

By the way, if anyone flies into Burbank -- sitting near the BACK of the plane allows to exit faster.