Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Life in San Diego?

Life in San Diego?

Old Aug 24th 2008, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

mark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Life in San Diego?

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
O there you are!!!!!

How is everything?????
Thank you for your post. It means a lot to me that you have shown an interest in how I am getting on.

I am writing this message whilst in a euphoric mood. I feel that I have really been soaking up the American culture recently, including meeting a lot of different Americans and just talking with them about their lives. Even the small conversations with total strangers on the bus/ trolley mean so much to me. The accent also works as a great conversation starter – “excuse me. Does this bus go to Old Town?” I know it does I get on it everyday lol.

I have also met my first Republican. A friendly old lady at work who I would never would have expected.

It was great to speak to a her and hear her views on everything including Iraq, September 11th and the McCain vs Obama debate (even if I didn’t agree with most of them lol) These are the real Americans who put George Bush into office.

What else is new? Well I only have one week of work left at SeaWorld then I am off travelling for one month across the USA. I am going for a month and am currently in the planning phase, trying to fit as much as possible into a single month.

I have just realised that I have hijacked the OP’s thread. To bring the thread back on topic and to provide the OP with an insight which they may find useful I will say this: I have been in San Diego for 3 months now. During that time it has not rained a single drop. Nilch, nada, nout. How I smile when people back home tell me of the record August rainfalls in the UK. If you are looking for the perfect climate to continue your cycling hobby - move hear.

Mark

PS: I am curious about your location. You say Australia, the UK and the US. What profession are you in that allows you to move easily between all 3 destinations?
Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:10 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark_sheffield
Thank you for your post. It means a lot to me that you have shown an interest in how I am getting on.

I am writing this message whilst in a euphoric mood. I feel that I have really been soaking up the American culture recently, including meeting a lot of different Americans and just talking with them about their lives. Even the small conversations with total strangers on the bus/ trolley mean so much to me. The accent also works as a great conversation starter – “excuse me. Does this bus go to Old Town?” I know it does I get on it everyday lol.

I have also met my first Republican. A friendly old lady at work who I would never would have expected.
It was great to speak to a her and hear her views on everything including Iraq, September 11th and the McCain vs Obama debate (even if I didn’t agree with most of them lol) These are the real Americans who put George Bush into office.

What else is new? Well I only have one week of work left at SeaWorld then I am off travelling for one month across the USA. I am going for a month and am currently in the planning phase, trying to fit as much as possible into a single month.

I have just realised that I have hijacked the OP’s thread. To bring the thread back on topic and to provide the OP with an insight which they may find useful I will say this: I have been in San Diego for 3 months now. During that time it has not rained a single drop. Nilch, nada, nout. How I smile when people back home tell me of the record August rainfalls in the UK. If you are looking for the perfect climate to continue your cycling hobby - move hear.

Mark

PS: I am curious about your location. You say Australia, the UK and the US. What profession are you in that allows you to move easily between all 3 destinations?
Somehow you make "Republican" sound like "serial Killer"!
Old Aug 25th 2008, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Somehow you make "Republican" sound like "serial Killer"!
That would be an appropriate name for GWB - or maybe, 'mass murderer' - but let's not hijack this thread!