Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Legal Permanent Residency Interview and applying for an I-131

Legal Permanent Residency Interview and applying for an I-131

Old Apr 6th 2006, 4:41 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Legal Permanent Residency Interview and applying for an I-131

Originally Posted by MissPatriotic
Hey, just some quick questions!

So here is my dilemma- I arrived in September on a K1-Visa and am now married and I have my Legal Permanent Residency interview mid May time. woo hoo first of all! I would like to go back to England mid-July for a wedding. Based on any of your own experiences, how long after your interview did it take to be accepted as a legal permanent resident so that you had the freedom to travel again???

If it takes months again I was going to apply for an I-131, are you able to use that form to go home simply for a wedding or does it have to be an emergency?
if i am able to use that form, i would have to apply now as they say allow 3 months, so what to do, what to do?
also i dont really want to pay $170 to the USCIS if i dont have to as i have given them plenty already!

i know you cant say how many days but just give me an idea from your own experiences, what do they actually do after the interview!

thanks!
I had my AOS interview at the end of March - Fairfax VA. They don't normally stamp your passport. I asked the IO if he could stamp my passport as I wanted to travel outside the US in the following month. The IO stamped my passport with the one stamp that they hold in that office. The IO said my GC would arrive within 1 month, it took less than 2 weeks.
It very much depends on which office your interview is at and whether all the backup information has been received ie fingerprints/biometrics/background check. I do hope you are lucky
Old Apr 6th 2006, 7:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
What slanging match ...... pretty normal for us here ... don't take it all too seriously ..
Yep we are all great friends on BE. Well most of us are.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 10:54 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yep we are all great friends on BE. Well most of us are.
Shut it you .......... go do the washing ......
Old Apr 6th 2006, 10:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Shut it you .......... go do the washing ......

Washing its 7pm, I've got me feet up swigging a glass of vino.