Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Legal Permanent Residency Interview and applying for an I-131

Legal Permanent Residency Interview and applying for an I-131

Old Apr 1st 2006, 8:22 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Legal Permanent Residency Interview and applying for an I-131

Originally Posted by Elvira
Festering stagnation AND cognitive dysfunction???
Gosh you are eloquent today!!!
I could not be bothered to translate it into Hasler gibberish ....
Old Apr 1st 2006, 8:26 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I could not be bothered to translate it into Hasler gibberish ....

Can you be bothered to change that avatar?

Old Apr 1st 2006, 8:39 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Can you be bothered to change that avatar?

If it really upsets upsets you .. I will change it in a moment...
Old Apr 1st 2006, 8:50 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
If it really upsets upsets you .. I will change it in a moment...

Old Apr 1st 2006, 8:58 am
Ray

Are you happy now ....
Old Apr 1st 2006, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

I got asked for my GC last year when I visited irrespective of my passport. Maybe I looked a bit iffy
Old Apr 1st 2006, 9:03 am
Homebody

Originally Posted by Ray
Are you happy now ....

Ecstatic!!!
Old Apr 1st 2006, 9:12 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff Ray and Hasler. Nothing I like more to liven up a slow Saturday afternoon than a bare-knuckle fight between my favorite gun-toting "frail old man" and my all-time favorite truck-drivin' mother-f***er (thanks to Beck for providing Hasler with a personal soundtrack).
Old Apr 1st 2006, 9:22 am
Ray

We aim to please ....
Old Apr 1st 2006, 9:40 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
We aim to please ....
I thought you just aimed and fired?
Old Apr 1st 2006, 9:41 am
Ray

Originally Posted by dbj1000
I thought you just aimed and fired?
I think I did .......
Old Apr 1st 2006, 1:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissPatriotic
Hey, just some quick questions!

So here is my dilemma- I arrived in September on a K1-Visa and am now married and I have my Legal Permanent Residency interview mid May time. woo hoo first of all! I would like to go back to England mid-July for a wedding. Based on any of your own experiences, how long after your interview did it take to be accepted as a legal permanent resident so that you had the freedom to travel again???

If it takes months again I was going to apply for an I-131, are you able to use that form to go home simply for a wedding or does it have to be an emergency?
if i am able to use that form, i would have to apply now as they say allow 3 months, so what to do, what to do?
also i dont really want to pay $170 to the USCIS if i dont have to as i have given them plenty already!

i know you cant say how many days but just give me an idea from your own experiences, what do they actually do after the interview!thanks!
They stamped our passports after the interview, my green card arrived a couple of weeks later. Hubby's and daughters GC got lost in the mail (well what do they expect when their name is all over the envelope?). Took several months to sort that out. So to answer your question you can travel on the stamp in the passport they tell you this at the time, although we also had permission for AP and it was in 1998.
Old Apr 1st 2006, 1:17 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tony126
I got asked for my GC last year when I visited irrespective of my passport. Maybe I looked a bit iffy
It is the carrier's duty to make sure that, if you are a green card holder, you are in possession of your green card prior to being admitted onboard, (coming to the US, not outgoing).

They can be fined if you do not have your green card and they allow you to travel anyway.

I found this out when I thought I'd lost my card at Heathrow, (thankfully it'd just found it's way into another pocket of my bag so we were allowed on our way)!
Old Apr 1st 2006, 1:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlyergirlUK
It is the carrier's duty to make sure that, if you are a green card holder, you are in possession of your green card prior to being admitted onboard, (coming to the US, not outgoing).

They can be fined if you do not have your green card and they allow you to travel anyway.

I found this out when I thought I'd lost my card at Heathrow, (thankfully it'd just found it's way into another pocket of my bag so we were allowed on our way)!

....and it is the carriers responsibility to take you out of the US as you will not be allowed through immigration. But until the GC arrives the stamp in the passport will suffice.
Old Apr 1st 2006, 2:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Great stuff Ray and Hasler. Nothing I like more to liven up a slow Saturday afternoon than a bare-knuckle fight between my favorite gun-toting "frail old man" and my all-time favorite truck-drivin' mother-f***er (thanks to Beck for providing Hasler with a personal soundtrack).

My money's on Ray.

Personally I would have left the 'all-time favourite' bit out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.