Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Last Minute Stuff!!!

Last Minute Stuff!!!

Old Aug 30th 2006, 4:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last Minute Stuff!!!

Originally Posted by Philgr

Tell the Inland Revenue you are leaving the country (can't remember the form number).
P-85...and yeah, lot easier doing it in blighty and going to an office to explain things than from abroad...
Old Aug 30th 2006, 4:43 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BrandonBrit
Teabags, plenty of boxes of them, they keep for ages so you won't have to worry about them going off...

Also, spending loads of times with your loved ones, family and friends, cos it's so hard to say bye and get on that plane....

Mother's Day cards with Mum written on them, although there's prob none on the shelves there now....I always buy a few when I'm home and they're out, so I can send my Mum one with her proper name on of 'Mum] rather than 'Mom'
good idea on the cards, it being a different time of year over here, mare to find nice ones, mare to find nice ones when it's time over here as it is *l*

and tea bags, $12.50 for 240 count at amazon.com for PG tips
Old Aug 30th 2006, 4:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by britnyank
I had intended to bring my computer with me. Would I be better perhaps to just bring the hard disk and have that put into a new computer over there rather than ship this lot? Any ideas?

It would mean I could keep online until the day we actually leave!!!
depends on if your paying shipping or not, if you are, best to ditch the monitor and buy a new one here, unless it's an LCD etc...and good idea to pack the hard drive as hand luggage, less likely to have it go missing with all your stuff...the puter will be fine packed though.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 6:51 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You're a dark choccy biscuit lover too. I can get those in a store near me.....quite expensive though. My daughter usually brings them home from Toronto....much cheaper in Canada.
I saw them in Wegmans the other week..my favourite biccies! Unfortunately now full of hydrogenated oils like the Maltesers hot choc drink my mum has just sent me, so I had to put them back.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 7:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
I saw them in Wegmans the other week..my favourite biccies! Unfortunately now full of hydrogenated oils like the Maltesers hot choc drink my mum has just sent me, so I had to put them back.
Grrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuufffffffff.......Sarah just said the 'W' word.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 7:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Grrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuufffffffff.......Sarah just said the 'W' word.

Just to rub salt into my wounds...I know just the 'W' store you mean.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 7:13 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure you can ease your pain by eating a mint aero and some hula hoops
Old Aug 30th 2006, 7:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Sarah
I'm sure you can ease your pain by eating a mint aero and some hula hoops
I did enjoy a caramel aero on Sunday, however, the cheese and onion hula hoops were a little disappointing. Shh don't let on to Gruff....I rather enjoy tormenting him.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 7:27 pm
Just a rock in the rain

nai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to behold

If I look out the office window here I can see one of the 'W' stores. Literally over the road from where I work.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 7:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by nai_in_av
If I look out the office window here I can see one of the 'W' stores. Literally over the road from where I work.

Where are you....NE?
Old Aug 30th 2006, 7:35 pm
Just a rock in the rain

nai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to behold

Where are you....NE?
Virginia, working near to Dulles airport.

Last edited by nai_in_av; Aug 30th 2006 at 7:39 pm.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 7:42 pm
Plaster Duck Lover

Hilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond repute

Mother's Day cards with Mum written on them, although there's prob none on the shelves there now....I always buy a few when I'm home and they're out, so I can send my Mum one with her proper name on of 'Mum] rather than 'Mom'

All the best to you [/QUOTE]

Birthday cards and Chrimbo cards with mum on too - my mum goes spare if I dare to buy her mother or - god forbid mom! She lives here now too so nows my plight but will accept no excuses.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nai_in_av
Virginia, working near to Dulles airport.
You're near me I keep hearing about that Wegmans, haven't been there yet, but I definitely want to check it out.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 9:47 pm
sun lover

sambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britnyank
I've only had a basic account with them for a year - when I went in to see the local branch this week, they didn't think they'd be able to help me - said it would take a couple of months to open US account through them!
We're moving to Arizona - miles from anywhere, so online banking is going to be a must!
How difficult is it to open US account once I get over there? (Husband is US citizen but he let his bank account go when he was living here).

Where abouts in AZ are you off too
Old Aug 30th 2006, 9:49 pm
Plaster Duck Lover

Hilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzimc
You're near me I keep hearing about that Wegmans, haven't been there yet, but I definitely want to check it out.
Where is the nearest one to SpoCompton, WA?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.