Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Land of opportunity...

Land of opportunity...

Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Land of opportunity...

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
It is still paid for via taxes and there when I need it.

Not true here, I can get a book from any of the libraries within the cooperation.
I don't really care what your impressed by, the point I am trying to make is, something that is goverment run be it local or federal, paid for by taxes can and does work.

I use the post office and have never had a problem with them.
Because there is a big difference in a small locally run thing and a giant federal program.

re. not impressed - I'm not impressed that it's a silly example imo.

Glad you haven't had any letters lost yet - I suspect your day will come. But I'm all for choices - you have the right to choose the post office for something important, I have the choice to not.

You say "does work" - everything works, up to a point. We obviously quite disagree as to how well it works.

So to me, you did not succed by those examples in the point you were trying to make - rather the opposite in fact.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:36 pm
Banned

Kali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
You are still making no sense? Do you think that my daughter doesn't have a thyroid condition? I have no idea what point you are trying to make?
Aren't cretinism and obesity both related to thyroid disorders? No doubt both of these would be very well dealt within the US system with its specialized care?
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

You are still making no sense? Do you think that my daughter doesn't have a thyroid condition? I have no idea what point you are trying to make?
I was actually referring to Bevinva comments that I quoted
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Because there is a big difference in a small locally run thing and a giant federal program.
I never said there was... read more closely

re. not impressed - I'm not impressed that it's a silly example imo.
To someone like you it would be

You say "does work" - everything works, up to a point. We obviously quite disagree as to how well it works.
I think that is very obvious

So to me, you did not succed by those examples in the point you were trying to make - rather the opposite in fact.
The facts speak for themselves so that statement is irrelevant to me.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I was actually referring to Bevinva comments that I quoted
That I believe able bodied people should pay for their medication regardless of their conditions? Sure, I believe that.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kali-forniarrr
Aren't cretinism and obesity both related to thyroid disorders? No doubt both of these would be very well dealt within the US system with its specialized care?
Watch what you say.....you don't know my family, nor me and unfavorable comments will be reported.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kali-forniarrr
Well back to preventative care and the lack there of... When I was flicking through the policy booklet (not of my current policy, a previous one) they would not cover anything for weight loss treatment.
Although if you have diabeties, heart disease, hypertension, cancer etc because of being over weight thats a different story.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

That I believe able bodied people should pay for their medication regardless of their conditions? Sure, I believe that.
Be sure to call your daughter and tell her that then.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok guys, this whole thing is becoming silly now and you are all nit picking each others comments.

The bottom line is there is no perfect health service in either the UK or the US, both need solutions for different problems and whether that happens soonish or way in the future is any bodies guess.

I think we should just all agree to disagree once more..............but I'm sure in a few weeks this whole discussion will rear up one more time.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:55 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Ok guys, this whole thing is becoming silly now and you are all nit picking each others comments.

The bottom line is there is no perfect health service in either the UK or the US, both need solutions for different problems and whether that happens soonish or way in the future is any bodies guess.

I think we should just all agree to disagree once more..............but I'm sure in a few weeks this whole discussion will rear up one more time.
I was about to say the same!

1000 posts............ I must have touched a nerve...
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Be sure to call your daughter and tell her that then.
I talked to my daughter every day - her condition has changed - which I said a very long time ago - get over it! Without going into details - which I wouldn't with you lot - she is not in a position to pay for anything. But if she was working a full time job - then she should!

Enough said to you and the rest.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma

Totally agree with you - 50 pages and it all comes down to the same ole same ole.....wait I said that at the beginning and was flamed for it.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

I never said there was... read more closely

To someone like you it would be

I think that is very obvious

The facts speak for themselves so that statement is irrelevant to me.
Fine, you want to make it personal - your thoughts are now irrelevant to me.

You need to read more closely - you said it backwards anyway

I won't be responding to you on this topic anymore - when people get personal, I can't be bothered.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you stated that, then you went on to say that people would be silly not to take it for free if offered. The new opinion being, that able bodied people who can afford their meds should financially deplete the system by accepting free meds, lest they appear silly.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think there are some circumstances where medication should be free - but she is certainly able-bodied enough to work and pay for her medications.....
But my daughter, and yes she has had complications from her thyroid, could really pay (well not just her, but other thyroid sufferers) for their meds.
I talked to my daughter every day - her condition has changed - which I said a very long time ago - get over it! Without going into details - which I wouldn't with you lot - she is not in a position to pay for anything. But if she was working a full time job - then she should!

Enough said to you and the rest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.