Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Just need some friendly advice.

Just need some friendly advice.

Old Dec 8th 2007, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just need some friendly advice.

Originally Posted by Cynda59
Will start over .. since some not reading whole thing.

I was a "disabled child" cannot regain disabilty since being married and living over seas... long story but that is what SS Department says. .. as mentioned in earlier post medicade and medicare, aint happening.

Husband is retiring to the usa.
I am not planning on working, I cannot work.. my health will not allow me to work. He probably will have to , or want to work a part time job. I cannot see him retiring and going back to a full time employment.

Not asking if dogs are OK... I am asking...... what is a company that can help... get my dog.. from the UK to the USA.

Sorry i suck at abbreviations. can someone Hiaa..what? I am so out of the loop.
Come on Cynda, I've been nothing but nice to you.

You said you wanted friends... so I made a friendly comment about dogs. Both myself and my dogs were born here, so I can't really help you with the transport. Except to tell you to look into the rabies and other vaccination requirements. Others have imported dogs, and will probably be along with some more information.

HIPAA has to do with health information privacy, and insurance portability. Wikipedia has a summary:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_...untability_Act

It's the portability that I was referring to. It may or may not help you or your husband, but it is something to be aware of, in case it does - so you do not accidentally lose eligibility.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 4:11 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Cynda
Volunteer Patient Liasion for Obesity Awareness and obesity support person. You wish to lose weight, need help by someone who has been there. Contact Me !
I need to shed about 100Ibs

I think thats how much she weighs.

Last edited by Rushman; Dec 8th 2007 at 5:48 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
I need to shed about 140Ibs

I think thats how much she weighs.
If you were my hubby, you'd now be killed LOL.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tracym
If you were my hubby, you'd now be killed LOL.
Don't worry, she'll read this later and I will probably end up wishing I had been.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 4:31 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry, she'll read this later and I will probably end up wishing I had been.
I'm definitely going to check this thread later ...
Old Dec 8th 2007, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

True... killing is too quick and easy. Torture and suffering are called for...

Quick Rushie, run back and edit that thing to say 120 lbs, and you might at least be peeking out of that doghouse.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:03 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Realistically, I cannot see how this move is going to happen. Will a part-time job at Starbucks really provide proper healthcare coverage for a 55-year-old plus a disabled wife? How many 55-year-olds have you seen working at Starbucks?

How many employers who would be suitable for the OP's husband offer proper healthcare for part-time staff and dependents?

What happens once he has to stop work - does 10 years working part-time count enough towards Medicare?

The whole idea of this move doesn't make any sense. They might end up destitute. They would be infinitely better off if they remain in the UK.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Elvira
Realistically, I cannot see how this move is going to happen. Will a part-time job at Starbucks really provide proper healthcare coverage for a 55-year-old plus a disabled wife? How many 55-year-olds have you seen working at Starbucks?

How many employers who would be suitable for the OP's husband offer proper healthcare for part-time staff and dependents?

What happens once he has to stop work - does 10 years working part-time count enough towards Medicare?

The whole idea of this move doesn't make any sense. They might end up destitute. They would be infinitely better off if they remain in the UK.
I'd probably have to agree with you on this one.

A retiree with a disabled wife... not easy at present starting off in the U.S.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Cynda59 is just really niceCynda59 is just really niceCynda59 is just really niceCynda59 is just really niceCynda59 is just really niceCynda59 is just really niceCynda59 is just really niceCynda59 is just really nice

Tracy , it has nothing personal to do with you.. just overly stressed. so dont take offence please.... PLEASE .. .. guys... dont get offended and all that alright...... . if you really knew the stress I was under right now...... .. . let's not go there alright..

I do appreciate your help.... seriously.

RUSHMAN. be lucky you have a wife.. a friend of mine .. just lost her Father and ...in a house fire in Ohio over the weekend. 11 people made homeless...... I know you ment it as a joke.. but very hurtful.
and also hurtful that I do .. obesity awareness and help.. and it is bad when someone makes "fat jokes".

Just .. take it easy okay... i am very emotional and high strung right now.

Last edited by Cynda59; Dec 8th 2007 at 5:37 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracy , it has nothing personal to do with you.. just overly stressed. so dont take offence please.... PLEASE .. .. guys... dont get offended and all that alright...... . if you really knew the stress I was under right now...... .. . let's not go there alright..

Just.. taker easy on me alright.... .dont take it personal..... cause .. it aint ment that way..
OK, that's fine - don't worry - thanks for saying that.

Everyone gets stressed sometimes, I understand.

As far as pet transport, several people have done that recently - try searching the forum, or if I find it, I'll point you to the threads.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Cynda59 is just really niceCynda59 is just really niceCynda59 is just really niceCynda59 is just really niceCynda59 is just really niceCynda59 is just really niceCynda59 is just really niceCynda59 is just really nice

[QUOTE=Tracym;5647211]OK, that's fine - don't worry - thanks for saying that.

As far as pet transport, several people have done that recently - try searching the forum, or if I find it, I'll point you to the threads.

Dog has all her vaccines.. Can you or will you add me to messager.. rather talk on messager since Some people .. .. like to laugh at others.. and are not very nice.. on this board.

I would appreciate it.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

RUSHMAN. attitude and comment.. is exactly .. the reason..I WISH TO MOVE out of the UK... THIS is the type of hurt feelings and reason..... I am sitting here in tears now... NOW you might think .. this is funny... but you are actually very offensive.. and VERY RUDE... YOU MAY .. think you are being a good laugh.. and a good joke.....

I am here asking for help.... and I DO NOT .. need this type of comments ... right now..

Tracy, You are not one I am annoyed at.. but this type of stuff. .that Rushman has said.. is exactly .. .the crap.. I have delt with living in the UK for the last 8 years..... and.. day in and day out dealing with this........ all i am asking is a bit of help.... NOT for someone to be nasty to me..

CHEERS RUSHMAN.

I thought Rushman was jokingly referring to his wife when he mentioned loosing 140 pounds............. Why should that worry you????
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=Cynda59;5647229]
OK, that's fine - don't worry - thanks for saying that.

Dog has all her vaccines.. Can you or will you add me to messager.. rather talk on messager since Some people .. .. like to laugh at others.. and are not very nice.. on this board.

I would appreciate it.
I sent you a private message. If it doesn't pop up, you should be able to click "Private Messages" at the top right corner of the screen.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:48 pm
Account Closed

True... killing is too quick and easy. Torture and suffering are called for...

Quick Rushie, run back and edit that thing to say 120 lbs, and you might at least be peeking out of that doghouse.
Good Idea...I went one better.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:50 pm
Account Closed

RUSHMAN. be lucky you have a wife.. a friend of mine .. just lost her Father and ...in a house fire in Ohio over the weekend. 11 people made homeless...... I know you ment it as a joke.. but very hurtful.
and also hurtful that I do .. obesity awareness and help.. and it is bad when someone makes "fat jokes".

Just .. take it easy okay... i am very emotional and high strung right now.
Then best of finding another board, this place isn't ideal for uptight septics with no sense of humour.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.